Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Last year they were unloaded in Zeebrugge, sat there dockside for a few days and then loaded onto a smaller carrier like KESS Wesser Highway. Then they were unloaded in Dublin and moved a compound. From there they were loaded on trucks and brought to NVD Baldonnell for preparation and delivery. All these steps take time. Note last year many cars took 3-4 weeks from Zeebruggee arrival to delivery.
Wesser Highway just arriving in Zeebrugge now:)

Reactions: Jimmyj07
MORNING CHAMPION finally docked in Zeebrugge this morning and is already unloading.

Attachments

• IMG_20240103_165332.jpg
    IMG_20240103_165332.jpg
    596.5 KB · Views: 30
Nice one thanks for the details 👍 yeah sounds like a complicated process... So I would have thought any ROI orders with 18th Jan - 2nd Feb would most likely be on morning champion
You can look here, filter car carriers. SEINE HIGHWAY is on the way but left Zeebrugge before Morning Champion arrived. There is a RORO freight called CELINE due the 7th but Tesla have not previously used these. Also Rosslare has been used on at least one occasion previously with a KESS car carrier.

If you have a VIN and your delivery date is End of January - Start of February, really high chances it is on TITUS.
VIN are assigned few days after the boat leaves the port, don't know why they are telling you it's still in China.

Next ship to Southampton should be the BESS and arrives on 15th February. (not in shanghai yet, planned for 8th January)
That makes sense - I ordered on Nov 10th, no vin yet. So most likely BESS will be the ship.

For anyone who is on a lease and previously had a VIN and EDD that has since disappeared.

I sent a text to Tesla Belfast and they got back to say they are just waiting on the leasing company to authorise the vehicle match. He said one that’s done there should be no reason delivery would be pushed past the end of this month.

I sent the leasing company an email today so hopefully I get some movement this week and my VIN back.

MY RWD | White | Lease | Belfast | Ordered 11th Dec

From my little experience Tesla often uses Northern port to load UAE orders - you will find a lot of ships coming that way, that is why it is not easy to pick up the right one. Looking at your estimated delivery date it seems to me that you have not been assigned VIN yet, haven't you? Once VIN assigned it will be possible to figure out what ship your Tesla on
Yes my VIN was not assigned yet

For anyone who is on a lease and previously had a VIN and EDD that has since disappeared.

I sent a text to Tesla Belfast and they got back to say they are just waiting on the leasing company to authorise the vehicle match. He said one that’s done there should be no reason delivery would be pushed past the end of this month.

I sent the leasing company an email today so hopefully I get some movement this week and my VIN back.

I had a VIN and EDD that disappeared. It reappeared again and now I have registration. I'm paying cash though, so not sure if this makes a difference.

@GibbyNI
Out of curiosity, which lease company is that?

I’m in a similaire situation with a M3H LR (VIN & EDD which disappeared mid-December).
I had a chat with the sale department from Tesla this afternoon who explained me about the system issue causing the wrong allocation of the VINs, that my EDD/VIN should show again in 10/12 days, but also told me the leasing company had to authorize the lease (contract & financing) to make sure it doesn’t delay the process. She couldn’t tell me clearly if it’s currently a blocker and why I haven’t my EDD/VIN back, or if they aren’t correlated. But reading your story, it would be the first option.
I’m with Tusker (ordered placed from them to Tesla on November 29th).

@GibbyNI
Out of curiosity, which lease company is that?

I’m in a similaire situation with a M3H LR (VIN & EDD which disappeared mid-December).
I had a chat with the sale department from Tesla this afternoon who explained me about the system issue causing the wrong allocation of the VINs, that my EDD/VIN should show again in 10/12 days, but also told me the leasing company had to authorize the lease (contract & financing) to make sure it doesn’t delay the process. She couldn’t tell me clearly if it’s currently a blocker and why I haven’t my EDD/VIN back, or if they aren’t correlated. But reading your story, it would be the first option.
I’m with Tusker (ordered placed from them to Tesla on November 29th).
I’m with Grosvenor / FleatEvolution but what you said was pretty much what I was thinking as well. They probably approved the match back in December so were not expecting to have to approve it again

Same here. What is your delivery interval?
Says 9 january - 23 january. I ordered on 28-12. The ship is sloghtly behind schedule. If it continues with 15 knots the entire journey from now on, it will take 6 days for it to reach Zeebrugge. I’m guessing it will wait for a day near Gibraltar so I think it will arrive the 10th. A day or two for moving into NL and I expect delivery for the week of the 15th. Just a guess!

Reactions: MrDaniel
Says 9 january - 23 january. I ordered on 28-12. The ship is sloghtly behind schedule. If it continues with 15 knots the entire journey from now on, it will take 6 days for it to reach Zeebrugge. I’m guessing it will wait for a day near Gibraltar so I think it will arrive the 10th. A day or two for moving into NL and I expect delivery for the week of the 15th. Just a guess!

Interesting that mine is on the same ship and my delivery interval is January 5th - 17th.