Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For anyone who is on a lease and previously had a VIN and EDD that has since disappeared.

I sent a text to Tesla Belfast and they got back to say they are just waiting on the leasing company to authorise the vehicle match. He said one that’s done there should be no reason delivery would be pushed past the end of this month.

I sent the leasing company an email today so hopefully I get some movement this week and my VIN back.

MY RWD | White | Lease | Belfast | Ordered 11th Dec
This is my situation. I'm with Tusker. First my vin went and then my EDD. If I go via the website I get a 403 error. I called Tusker and the said basically what you said and they made sure the order was authorised yesterday for me. They also said they have informed Tesla to give me authority to do the pick up. I'll call Tesla today because my spec is in inventory for immediately pick up, so I don't know why I need to wait really

This is my situation. I'm with Tusker. First my vin went and then my EDD. If I go via the website I get a 403 error. I called Tusker and the said basically what you said and they made sure the order was authorised yesterday for me. They also said they have informed Tesla to give me authority to do the pick up. I'll call Tesla today because my spec is in inventory for immediately pick up, so I don't know why I need to wait really
Could be as simple as the car not being at your requested collection location yet. Still possible that it is on Titus, despite stating it is in Inventory... I think all that means is that its been built (but I could be wrong)

Yes MY RWD. After having spoken to Tusker yesterday and them doing all the approvals, I called Tesla today and they just said it's a waiting game, they need to process the approval. Anyway I just checked the app 2 hours later and my EDD is back to end of Jan (so Titus) and I now have a VIN. Hurray. The guy at Tesla said I'm stuck waiting for the shipment, and that I can't be allocated a car from inventory, even tho the price and spec is the same. Seems odd. At least this way I can be sure I'm not missing out on a potential but unlikely refreshed china MY

Reactions: Jimmyj07
Yes MY RWD. After having spoken to Tusker yesterday and them doing all the approvals, I called Tesla today and they just said it's a waiting game, they need to process the approval. Anyway I just checked the app 2 hours later and my EDD is back to end of Jan (so Titus) and I now have a VIN. Hurray. The guy at Tesla said I'm stuck waiting for the shipment, and that I can't be allocated a car from inventory, even tho the price and spec is the same. Seems odd. At least this way I can be sure I'm not missing out on a potential but unlikely refreshed china MY
Following your story, I have just called Tusker. My order is indeed “blocked” as Tusker has not done the lease/delivery authorizations yet to Tesla. This is because my driving licence is still under processing by DVLA (has been 5 weeks already). Turkey is chasing DVLA.
I hope things will get unblocked quickly so I might still have a chance to get a car from Titus (assuming I currently have a hidden VIN, blocked by the missing authorizations).

I just got the document to sign about chargers, electricity provider (SEAI)etc. from Tesla. I asked again about the expected delivery date and I was told mid February too.
Hi Brian, my first post here. I'm in Ireland too and got email today saying mid February delivery for my M3, however I didn't get any document to sign regarding SEAI etc.

I got my VIN assigned last Friday so mine is on a ship somewhere, and just last night added the Tesla bank account to my online banking payees to make it an easier transaction. How soon are you paying in advance for yours?

Reactions: Brian O
I’m financing mine through Tesla PCP with Finance Ireland. I’ve completed everything that Finance Ireland have asked me for. Tesla has told me that closer to the delivery date they will request the down-payment, as soon as this is cleared on their end they will register my car and Finance Ireland will send the e-document to me to sign.

Reactions: ColR
Today I was messaged by Tesla regarding an address for home delivery. I asked whether picking up the car from them instead of having home delivery would allow me to get the vehicle faster - they said it was more likely to be quicker than getting home deliveries. They also said "you are looking to be one of the first owners of the new model 3 in the UK!" which I thought was funny.

M3H RWD Stealth Grey

Following your story, I have just called Tusker. My order is indeed “blocked” as Tusker has not done the lease/delivery authorizations yet to Tesla. This is because my driving licence is still under processing by DVLA (has been 5 weeks already). Turkey is chasing DVLA.
I hope things will get unblocked quickly so I might still have a chance to get a car from Titus (assuming I currently have a hidden VIN, blocked by the missing authorizations).
Interesting. Not that it helps you but my driving license processed through the company they use the same day as I submitted it, and that was between Xmas and New year. Again, it doesn't help you, but since getting Tusker to approve it yesterday, I now have an EDD, VIN and finally I have a reg number now too. All happened today after tusker approved it yesterday

Today I was messaged by Tesla regarding an address for home delivery. I asked whether picking up the car from them instead of having home delivery would allow me to get the vehicle faster - they said it was more likely to be quicker than getting home deliveries. They also said "you are looking to be one of the first owners of the new model 3 in the UK!" which I thought was funny.

M3H RWD Stealth Grey
Same convo as you today. They said pickup will be faster. The NEC isn't too far from me. It's a shame they can't just deliver to my loca Tesla service/sale center as that's a 10 min walk from my house.

Reactions: wilbobaggins94