Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2024.2.2.1 killed my M3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just did the Ota update and have many problems. Constant alerts that hold feature unavailable, cruise control unavailable, steering assist reduced, and amp to my woofer drops out every few seconds. Also speed limit no longer displayed. Tried soft reset multiple times and power off without improvement. Contacted service and they require me to go to service center 2 hrs away. Any thoughts?

Try one more power cycle (both steering buttons and brake pedal) .... software update shouldn't kill that many features - but I guess anything is possible.
Holding the brake pedal doesn’t make a difference, and it says so in the manual: “Hold down both scroll buttons on the steering yoke (or steering wheel) until the touchscreen turns black. Pressing the brake pedal while holding down the scroll buttons does not have any impact and is not required.”

Try a power off reset:

Power Cycling the Vehicle

You can power cycle Model S if it demonstrates unusual behavior or displays a nondescript alert:

1. Shift into Park.
2. On the touchscreen, touch Controls > Safety > Power Off.
3. Wait for at least two minutes without interacting with the vehicle. Do not open the doors, touch the brake pedal, touch the touchscreen, etc.
4. After two minutes, press the brake pedal or open the door to wake the vehicle.

I performed another power cycle and everything is working normally, thankfully. I appreciate all the suggestions. I am underwhelmed by Tesla service insisting that I would have to bring the car in which would be a 4-hour roundtrip for me and require missing an entire day of work. I am hoping I have no subsequent problems.

Reactions: puckpurnell
I've done 3 power cycles and soft reset with usb drives disconnected and still not working. Same messages as before including hold feature and cruise control inactivated with bass amp cutting in and out every few seconds. Is there a way to talk to a human in their service department instead of going through all their online messaging which is a dead end?

Have you tried disconnecting both 12v and high voltage batteries? (in this order: disconnect 12v, then main battery, reconnect main battery, then 12v). I had some weirdness several updates ago that doing this resolved.

I did the battery disconnect maneuver and the problem initially resolved but quickly recurred. I guess I will have to get Tesla Service involved. Is it unreasonable for me to insist that they have someone in their mobile service Fleet look at it before I take a whole day off from work to do a 4-Hour round trip to their service center?

I did the battery disconnect maneuver and the problem initially resolved but quickly recurred. I guess I will have to get Tesla Service involved. Is it unreasonable for me to insist that they have someone in their mobile service Fleet look at it before I take a whole day off from work to do a 4-Hour round trip to their service center?
Hi, I wonder if you had any update on the problems you describe. I’ve got exactly the same issues, various warnings, missing speed limits and the amp cutting out. I’m booked into the service centre in a couple of days and wonder if I can expect a quick and simple repair?