Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2024.8.4 strange issue (possily bug?)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anybody experienced issues with JACK MODE and SMART AIR SUSPENSION on Model S or X? When I pick LOW it selects MEDIUM, if I select MEDIUM it selects HIGH and when I select HIGH it selects VERY HIGH. I can't enable JACK MODE either... But if I select VERY HIGH it enables JACK MODE! Is it coincidence I am experiencing these issues or is it a bug on 2024.8.4? I didn't have these issues until I updated yesterday... 2016 US Model S 90D
2015 Model S P85DL here with the same issue.

Went to put my summer tires on, and jack mode is greyed out. Accidently discovered extra high enabled jack mode.

When done swapping tires, jack mode was no longer grayed out, but didn’t function at all. Found that flooring it and driving into garage at 15 MPH turned jack mode off. Also scared the hell out of my wife.

After 9 years of driving with the suspension in Low, the car no longer stays in Low, going into Medium after a few seconds, never altering the ride height.

It seems over-the-air updates are more auto-break-working-things.

Glad I found this thread. Just got this annoying issue after installing 2024.8.7. Resets, reinnstall software etc. didn't help. Was going nuts and about to make a service appointment. I may stop installing updates after this is fixed. Hardly anything in it for us with oldies other than introduced bugs!
“Bug fixes” is BS. They need to list every bug that is being fixed. We need to know everything that is being touched with every patch.

Reactions: CaptUAL and Jbjwc1
Having same issue thought I was losing my mind. Was going to post here with a video of same issue and the predictive title linked me right to this thread. 2024.8.4 in my P85D Model S. I even went into service mode to check if there was any faults or something with the suspension but nope. Now to see if Tesla fixes this anytime soon. The one upside is that it actually will let you go from medium to very high. I hate how you literally have to drag it from medium to high then very high without being able to just skip high all together.
2024.8.7 does *not* fix the issue.

Has anybody experienced issues with JACK MODE and SMART AIR SUSPENSION on Model S or X? When I pick LOW it selects MEDIUM, if I select MEDIUM it selects HIGH and when I select HIGH it selects VERY HIGH. I can't enable JACK MODE either... But if I select VERY HIGH it enables JACK MODE! Is it coincidence I am experiencing these issues or is it a bug on 2024.8.4? I didn't have these issues until I updated yesterday... 2016 US Model S 90D
Software update 2024.8.9 appears to have corrected these issues. My suspension stays in Low now.

Reactions: earroyo