Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2024 Hyundai IONIQ 6 Rebate Undercuts Model 3 Highland By $9,000

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Uh, nope. Has just as much location data and remote disable ability in the app as a Tesla. No one's stealing it at any rates more than any other car.

Even my MIL 2013 Kia Soul has a recall that brings it back to the modern world for ignition immobilizing.
Assuming the thieves don’t just hack the car, disable your access and disconnect it from the network. Happened to a friend of mine.

Anyway, he loved the car but the ease of stealing a Hyundai or Kia is a well known problem.

Assuming the thieves don’t just hack the car, disable your access and disconnect it from the network. Happened to a friend of mine.

Anyway, he loved the car but the ease of stealing a Hyundai or Kia is a well known problem.
Was it an EV? From what I've read, newer models are about as safe as any car from thefts. The only reports I can find are one off anecdotal stories, and sensational garbage from bad sources.

No recent stats I can find show recent model Hyundai thefts any higher than any other cars.

Sorry about your friend. That sucks.

Was it an EV? From what I've read, newer models are about as safe as any car from thefts. The only reports I can find are one off anecdotal stories, and sensational garbage from bad sources.

No recent stats I can find show recent model Hyundai thefts any higher than any other cars.

Sorry about your friend. That sucks.
It was! It was the ioniq 5. Apparently the car can be disconnected entirely from the « mothership » and this is the route that they used to prevent him from tracking down the car after they hacked into the car and drove off with it.

This is not EV specific, but there’s also an ongoing class action lawsuit (edit: it’s a US one, not Canadian. I thought I had read something was planned here too but can’t find anything right now).

• Helpful
Reactions: derekmw