Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2024 Hyundai IONIQ 6 Rebate Undercuts Model 3 Highland By $9,000

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i've driven the Ioniq 5 in Germany and compared to my 2019 Model 3 AWD ... the Ioniq 5 was noticeably quieter inside and a much more refined ride. Interior quality in terms of soft/hard surfaces about the same as my Tesla. Fit/Finish better.
I'm a new owner of a '23 model 3 standard. Having driven Porsches and BMWs in my life, I would say the Tesla is part sports car and part electric car.
It handles like a sports car and is quiet and responsive like an EV. I have also owned a Bolt EUV. The latter might be a tad quieter but it is hardly a sports car. The Ioniq I suspect is also not a sports car. The Bolt EV, which I've also owned, handles better than the EUV, but the Tesla is a different class of sports car. It is a quiet Porsche Boxster.

Yeah, I was just trying to make a point that if you're deciding to buy a car right now, and was wondering which one you should buy, you really should have bought it last month when not only was it $35k, it qualified for the $7500 tax credit, and also if you had a CT order, got an additional $1k off.
I doubt I could have gotten a new one for $35K last month. That would have been quite a buy. I think they were discounted (about $5K off sticker) because the tax credit had been removed. The Teslas which retained the tax credit were not as discounted. I actually paid less for the Tesla than I did for the Bolt EUV when I bought it new two years ago.

Hope OP's kid enjoys his new Ionic6 and that Dad enjoys his purchase. Lots of cars to choose and everyone needs to make their own decision.

As many have posted, the facts as laid out by OP seem sketchy, but if he can pull it off, it should be a good deal for him.

I would have to wear a paper bag over my head to avoid being seen by anyone I know driving it.

I doubt I could have gotten a new one for $35K last month. That would have been quite a buy. I think they were discounted (about $5K off sticker) because the tax credit had been removed. The Teslas which retained the tax credit were not as discounted. I actually paid less for the Tesla than I did for the Bolt EUV when I bought it new two years ago.
How much did you get it for? I bought mine last month for $35,090, but got an extra CT discount of $1k, and then will be filing for the $7500 federal rebate. So that was quite an amazing deal at ~$26k plus taxes/fees/registration/etc

Reactions: Rob42
How much did you get it for? I bought mine last month for $35,090, but got an extra CT discount of $1k, and then will be filing for the $7500 federal rebate. So that was quite an amazing deal at ~$26k plus taxes/fees/registration/etc
I guess you're correct. The sticker said $40K. I bought mine on the spur of the moment, after New Years.

I have my sheepskins on the front seats, and am having trouble finding the red clip between the seats for the seatbelt. There is very limited space between the seats--the Bolt was a bit wider in space between the seats.
Any way to get that seat belt clip adjusted higher?

that's what insurance is for...
The problem exists for any failure, imagine having one of these cars out of warranty and getting a $50,000 quote for a new battery. Batshit insane.

This is not a service and support organization we want to hold on a pedestal as an example of how to do things right. Not to mention their cars are going to become essentially uninsurable if a dent in the undercarriage sends them to the salvage yard.

Reactions: primedive
I guess you're correct. The sticker said $40K. I bought mine on the spur of the moment, after New Years.

I have my sheepskins on the front seats, and am having trouble finding the red clip between the seats for the seatbelt. There is very limited space between the seats--the Bolt was a bit wider in space between the seats.
Any way to get that seat belt clip adjusted higher?
Seat belt extenders are available on Amazon. The Zarini ($15.99 for a pair) works on my Tesla 3 front seats. Makes it a lot easier to buckle up. There is very little room between the front seats and the center console. Difficult to do without extenders, especially with seat covers.

They don‘t… can we please stop this „dealer markup!!!“ nonsense in 2024 ?
What dealers? There aren't very many fo them, from my brief experience. I mostly bought my new model 3 online. Finished off the deal on my cell the next day at the dealer. Waited a few minutes for the car to get prepped. I got more on my trade than expected. The price was right.

They don‘t… can we please stop this „dealer markup!!!“ nonsense in 2024 ?
If there is no markup be prepared to have a two hour sitdown with the financial guy trying to force warranties and protection packages on you, if you refuse he will call the salesman, then their manager will show up. IMHO the only way to get around this racket is to wear a bodycam.

If there is no markup be prepared to have a two hour sitdown with the financial guy trying to force warranties and protection packages on you, if you refuse he will call the salesman, then their manager will show up. IMHO the only way to get around this racket is to wear a bodycam.
Or just say no thanks and sign the papers.

if they do that to you... you are doing something wrong. I always say "I'm paying in full, don't want any warranty or financing and will not waste your time - so don't waste mine. If this isn't done in under 1hr the deal is off (*smile*)." Always works.

Still get emails about extended warranties from the Chevrolet people about my old Bolt. Also when you buy the car.

But not at Tesla. They took my cell and went through the purchase, handling all the paperwork so all I had to do was sign and wait 15 min for the car.
One of the sales guys went through my car with me , the settings, etc. And off I went. I did have to get an auto inspection sticker, which I did several days later at the auto shop near me. Cost about $20. They were familiar with Teslas. Can change/rotate tires but not authorized by Tesla for anything else.

Been driving around in my brothers Ionic 5 all week. Faster than my Y LR. Way better build quality, not even close. UI is over all better, with a lot of different advantages, physical controls for HVAC are great, is missing some details around energy use, but nothing I use every day. UI graphics are a bit goofy, but easier to comprehend on the fly. One pedal driving has to be engaged every time you start, slightly annoying, but get used to it. Just pull the left shifter paddle.

Has a hilariously small frunk, literally the size of 2 loaves of bread end to end. Rear under floor storage is only about 6 or 8 inches deep.

Seats are more comfortable, size is maybe slightly smaller than the Y overall.

Suspension is about 10x better than our Y, it's like a normal car, not a bouncy rough old POC. The Y suspension is almost unbearable, the Hyundai is amazing. Smooth, tight, a bit more body roll at speed, but I'll take it over bone crushingly rough in the Y.

I really like the design of the exterior.

Charges really fast. Easy to beat the EPA stated range driving 65 on the highway.

Over all, I'd get one as a second EV for around town. Not quite enough storage for us with 2 dogs and the weekly trips out of town, but still, seems like a great car.

I got the equivalent of close to a $7500 discount on the M3 with a $5K discount off the SP and an overallowance on my Bolt trade.
I have the FLP battery which wants to be charged to 100% , 272 miles. The market seems to be moving in that direction away from cobalt-nickel.
Hyundai makes excellent cars. I worked with a guy who became head of Hyundai automotive--very smart.

I got the equivalent of close to a $7500 discount on the M3 with a $5K discount off the SP and an overallowance on my Bolt trade.
I have the FLP battery which wants to be charged to 100% , 272 miles. The market seems to be moving in that direction away from cobalt-nickel.
Hyundai makes excellent cars. I worked with a guy who became head of Hyundai automotive--very smart.
Unfortunately they are also easy to steal… even the EVs.