Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I didn’t get instant rebate when I bought model Y 2024

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Help! How to get back the $7500 from Tesla for new Model Y bought before Jan. 12, 2024

Needs help! I recently purchased a New Tesla Model Y on 1/6/2024. The car is great, but I didn't get the instant rebate, which I believe goes against the new government policy. Tesla's execuse is they had not setup the process for the new policy, which allows an instant $7500 deduction on the price as tax incentive, starting 1/1/2024.

Has anyone else experienced this? This is not right and should be the responsibility of Tesla, as the policy states. I called Tesla customer support without any solution. I can't wait for the taxt time next year! Any suggestions? How can I get it back from Tesla now? Many thanks.

Help! How to get back the $7500 from Tesla for new Model Y bought before Jan. 12, 2024

Needs help! I recently purchased a New Tesla Model Y on 1/6/2024. The car is great, but I didn't get the instant rebate, which I believe goes against the new government policy. Tesla's execuse is they had not setup the process for the new policy, which allows an instant $7500 deduction on the price as tax incentive, starting 1/1/2024.

Has anyone else experienced this? This is not right and should be the responsibility of Tesla, as the policy states. I called Tesla customer support without any solution. I can't wait for the taxt time next year! Any suggestions? How can I get it back from Tesla now? Many thanks.
The law does not require a dealer to provide pos discount.

pos is an option for dealers who want to increase sales.