Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2024 Model 3 Performance Announced - Discussion thread post announcement

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am still trying to work out where Tesla pulled the 460/510hp numbers for to market the cars though, doesn't seem to make sense.
It's a good question. I think they could no longer sum the peak motor power as before (377kW Panasonic / 393kW LG) because the '24 sum of motor power (461kW) is greater than the battery maximum discharge power. The power has become battery limited.

It's pure speculation but my guess it that at whatever SoC and temperature they chose for 500hp from the Panasonic pack, there is 30kW less from the LG pack. In practice there's 20-50kW less over a range of temperatures and SoC.

It's a good question. I think they could no longer sum the peak motor power as before (377kW Panasonic / 393kW LG) because the '24 sum of motor power (461kW) is greater than the battery maximum discharge power. The power has become battery limited.

It's pure speculation but my guess it that at whatever SoC and temperature they chose for 500hp from the Panasonic pack, there is 30kW less from the LG pack. In practice there's 20-50kW less over a range of temperatures and SoC.
Or maybe it’s an average of what the car will put out with a full battery and a near empty battery.