Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2024 Model 3 Performance Announced - Discussion thread post announcement

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
True, but ill bet those 18's were a decent whack lighter.

FWIW I did a run with 2 passengers the other day. Around 580lbs of us.

0-60 - 3.21 3.00 (1ft)
SOC 84%
Medium battery temp.
Damp conditions 17deg
Surprisingly my 18” wheels and tires were barely lighter than the stock 20s even with the aero bits installed on the 20” wheels.

20” Stock front wheel with Aero Bits installed.

IMG_6703.jpeg

20” Rear with Aero Bits installed

IMG_6715.jpeg

18” TS5 wheel and 235/45/18 Hankook iON EVO AS tires.

IMG_6691.jpeg

Reactions: jyavenard
Reactions: mpgxsvcd
Do you recall how heavy the prior M3P wheel and tires were?
Lol, who doesn't? They're like 32 lbs before tires are added.

Last edited:
Hi,
I have a very odd problem and tesla is puzzled too.
It's my 2nd model 3, first one being from 2021 SR+ and I could raise the trunk at the position I wanted to by holding the trunk button for a few seconds.
In the 2024 model, while I can still do that, I can't, for the life of me, undo that setting. I can't move the trunk manually, it has way too much resistance and it looks like it will break if I use force.
Tesla came to the same conclusion on their demo car.

Anyone know how the heck I'm supposed to reset the height ? (I even dit a reset of the vehicle, to no avail)
Thanks

gosh, you do like a whinge... how many threads are you going to complain about LG vs Panasonic model ? I think we all get it by now that you're not happy
Just stating the facts about it. There is such a big difference between the two cars and yet they share the same model name. I can’t think of any other car that has such a huge discrepancy in performance yet has the same name as another car.

It is worth talking about it so that people understand what they are getting when they buy different versions.

If someone looked at the results for a 2024 Model 3 Performance they might see the US version and think that is great not knowing that the version in their area is vastly inferior.

I just want everyone to know what each car can and can’t do. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Just stating the facts about it. There is such a big difference between the two cars and yet they share the same model name. I can’t think of any other car that has such a huge discrepancy in performance yet has the same name as another car.
It's definitely a good point, especially for anyone unaware who happens to look through these forums, excited to buy a new vehicle.

I know that some cars do share the same 'name', but usually have another note to indicate their difference - I.e. Mustang LX, Mustang GT, or Optima SX, Optima LX, etc. to indicate differences somewhere.

AND... it appears that Tesla is going to be offering Y and 3 models with either battery - selected by the customer? Is that just a rumor? If so - will there be some sort of visible/obvious indicator between the two?

It definitely feels odd (at least for me, a layman and not a 'car guy') and I do feel back for those who prefer one battery over the other. :(

Reactions: Clivew and mpgxsvcd
gosh, you do like a whinge... how many threads are you going to complain about LG vs Panasonic model ? I think we all get it by now that you're not happy
I don't see that mpgxsvcd is whinging at all, why would he, he owns a Panasonic car.

I personally think he is looking out for others, giving them decent info about both cars. I buy a 'performance' car because of the way it performs. If I wasn't interested in performance, I'd buy an SR or LR car. If I'm going to spend £60k I damn well want to know what I'm getting in regards to performance!

I don't see that mpgxsvcd is whinging at all, why would he, he owns a Panasonic car.

I personally think he is looking out for others, giving them decent info about both cars. I buy a 'performance' car because of the way it performs. If I wasn't interested in performance, I'd buy an SR or LR car. If I'm going to spend £60k I damn well want to know what I'm getting in regards to performance!
Do you how long and for how many cars I pined over that you Brits got that us Yanks would never see? Please!!!

Reactions: Clivew

It is worth talking about it so that people understand what they are getting when they buy different versions.

If someone looked at the results for a 2024 Model 3 Performance they might see the US version and think that is great not knowing that the version in their area is vastly inferior.

I just want everyone to know what each car can and can’t do. Nothing more. Nothing less.
People in California, Arizona, and Nevada don’t have access to the performance that ICE sports cars have everywhere else, because ACN-91 doesn’t actually achieve a 91 octane rating, it’s rounded up because unelected bureaucrats decided to round up after they drove around in a sports car with a 91 octane minimum rating and didn’t notice any audible knock 20 years ago. Things just are what they are, the only thing anyone can do is choose to keep their money.

It doesn’t need to be reiterated every 12 posts.