Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance (Canada) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My EDD just moved up from August 17 - September 28 to July 18 - August 22.

View attachment 1059846

I've been hoping that the order page estimated delivery of July (which it still says) would hold true, so this update gives me confidence we might actually see Canadian deliveries sometime next month.
May I ask when you originally placed your preorder? Mine was Apr 24. Still sep Oct.

Since this is my first order from Tesla, I'd like to see what you all think about the EV tarriffs and our performance model. For me, I know if I get taxed on the m3p by the damn govt it will put me out of reach for cost. I'm terribly frustrated and upset at the notion of this. My edd is sep Oct like some of you. Do you think Elon will give us the USA model to mitigate or does he even care for our small market?

Since this is my first order from Tesla, I'd like to see what you all think about the EV tarriffs and our performance model. For me, I know if I get taxed on the m3p by the damn govt it will put me out of reach for cost. I'm terribly frustrated and upset at the notion of this. My edd is sep Oct like some of you. Do you think Elon will give us the USA model to mitigate or does he even care for our small market?
Anything is possible. When I ordered in 2018, govt had a $14k rebate. The Ford Government cancelled that even after they said they would honor it. So I lost out. Don’t regret going forward with it though. I would have regretted cancelling.
So anything is possible. Just have to play it by ear.
Between business and tariffs, we are but pawns. :)

Reactions: ShadYYZ
Curious…if one purchases cash/loc etc, can they not just drive to Buffalo and buy a US spec one and drive it over? Layman comment but anyone have any experience there?

It’s a cash buy so it’s a matter of licensing I suppose. A non Canadian vin?

Last edited:
Curious…if one purchases cash/loc etc, can they not just drive to Buffalo and buy a US spec one and drive it over? Layman comment but anyone have any experience there?

It’s a cash buy so it’s a matter of licensing I suppose. A non Canadian vin?

Good question. I imagine it would end up being considerably more expensive, paying taxes on the purchase and then again when importing back to Canada. Not to mention the unfavorable conversion rate ($54,990 USD purchase price is ~$75,300 CAD).

What are the duties and taxes involved in importing a vehicle?​

The Registrar of Imported Vehicles (RIV) does not provide specific information on duties or taxes (in addition to GST). However, importing a vehicle involves paying the same taxes as you would if you bought the vehicle in your province of residence – Goods and Services Tax (GST), Provincial Sales Tax (PST) or Harmonized Sales Tax (HST), and other applicable taxes such as the excise tax on fuel inefficient vehicles and the air conditioning excise tax.

In addition to taxes, there may be an import duty levied on the vehicle if it was originally manufactured outside of North America (United States, Canada or Mexico). For more information, see Cost considerations or visit the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) web site.