Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Year 2024 Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I haven't seen it. I have seen "FSR" circling the drain though; although it tries to distance its earnings call as far from that of Tesla as it can (2/26 for its next one), I sense continued bloodbath. Standards aren't typically imposed onto outliers such as Fisker; I can imagine it going down swinging.

Doug DeMonro shows a very good review of the Fisker also on YouTube
I personally would like to see Fisker succeed
But dirty tactics like that are unnecessary

We need all “USA” based EV companies to do well
China is coming via Mexico

I catch myself thinking about it frequently behind the wheel of my 2018 Model S and still find that I truly enjoy the car very much; it's a first for me...to own / keep the car this long. At this rate, I can imagine keeping it for another few years as there isn't anything with the latest say Model S that I see as "must-have's";
Yeah, I see that also but for one exception....the battery life is finite and cost a lot to replace.

Yeah, I see that also but for one exception....the battery life is finite and cost a lot to replace.
I had had to replace the engine unexpectedly with 2 cars since 2005; both just made it out of its 4 year warranty period (cost wasn't cheap either). As you can imagine, its failure mode wasn't graceful, unlike that of a battery (gradual reduction of capacity). Furthermore, we get 8 years of battery (and drive units) warranty around that reduction.

I had had to replace the engine unexpectedly with 2 cars since 2005; both just made it out of its 4 year warranty period (cost wasn't cheap either). As you can imagine, its failure mode wasn't graceful, unlike that of a battery (gradual reduction of capacity). Furthermore, we get 8 years of battery (and drive units) warranty around that reduction.

2016 wrangler pentastar overheated and being aluminum melted down
Stellantis paid $13K
Crazy money

2016 wrangler pentastar overheated and being aluminum melted down
Stellantis paid $13K
Crazy money
Melted engine, that's crazy.

Regarding my 2018 Model S, I'm in a way hoping the degradation of its battery is worse such that I'll get a new battery on the house prior to warranty expiration. If it doesn't by then, I guess I will continue to live with it until the range is such that exchanging the battery is warranted. The cost to do so I assume is reducing exponentially. How quickly has the cost of an ICE engine gone down over the past few decades?

I've replaced Chevy engines with crate engines a couple of times. You can get a plain vanilla 350 for just $1,400! Then your underpowered El Camino can have a bit more power, include CARB compliant headers and pass SMOG like a brand new car.

That’s surprisingly low; doesn’t quite line up with increasing car price with yet low automaker margin.

From my last experience, MINI dealership concluded the engine needed replacement…and total cost to a novice like me was $17K. The manager supposedly went up the BMW chain to get the whole thing covered for me as it was less than a month out of warranty.

They are currently. Just found a discounted inventory ultra red and a black rwd that qualify for the rebate.

I've probably missed it somewhere, but what are the thoughts on the 24 battery?

and now I'm seeing '24 LR at same price as my '23 rez. Q: Do I use my 1 VIN SWAP. Or are the '23 extra speakers worth more?

Don't care much about year/depreciation since I'll save more on insurance+VLT