Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2024 vs 2021 Tesla Model 3 Performance - Power Band Analysis

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Join Sasha from @MountainPass as he discusses the differences in the power between the new 2024 Model 3 Performance and the legacy Model 3 Performance (2018-2023).

I think it's particularly interesting to note that, while they have similar peak power, the 2024 makes a bit more power earlier in the band and holds power for much longer at higher speed.

Thanks Sasha for reviewing my data for me!

Great data. However, correct me if I am mistaken but this wasn’t even a fully optimized 2024 Model 3 Performance, correct? I believe you said it still had a lot more in it if it was optimized.

I am going to run my 2022 Model 3 Performance against my 2024 Model 3 Performance at the Rock when the new one gets here this weekend.

I have good clean data from 0-130 mph for my old one. I should be able to get the exact same data for the new one as well.

It will be interesting to see exactly what the absolute max battery HP the new car can produce.

Great data. However, correct me if I am mistaken but this wasn’t even a fully optimized 2024 Model 3 Performance, correct? I believe you said it still had a lot more in it if it was optimized.

I am going to run my 2022 Model 3 Performance against my 2024 Model 3 Performance at the Rock when the new one gets here this weekend.

I have good clean data from 0-130 mph for my old one. I should be able to get the exact same data for the new one as well.

It will be interesting to see exactly what the absolute max battery HP the new car can produce.
Both cell temps were ~35C with ~85% SOC, so yeah, not ideal. Interested to see what you find!

Both cell temps were ~35C with ~85% SOC, so yeah, not ideal. Interested to see what you find!
Yea, 95 degrees F and ~85% SOC is pretty low compared to the max. Here is 97 degrees F and 82% SOC in my old car. This is 589 HP Max Discharge out of a possible 629 HP. That is way down on power for sure.
IMG_6473.png

Yea, 95 degrees F and ~85% SOC is pretty low compared to the max. Here is 97 degrees F and 82% SOC in my old car. This is 589 HP Max Discharge out of a possible 629 HP. That is way down on power for sure.
View attachment 1055810
If you are LearningFast from YT, really like your videos they are very informative and clear. I didnt know about the cell temp can actually affects the performance by so much. Most posts only talk about SoC but seems like cell temp is the main culprit here. I wonder when Tesla allows us to add modification to cooling loop of cells, or at least the software side of it. Imaging using custom nitrogen loop/component to cool the battery and the brakes will makes EV much more competitive in circuit race.

Last edited:
Reactions: mpgxsvcd

would love to hear the new motor screeching without soundproof as well while u r at it :D

• Funny
Reactions: mpgxsvcd