Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

21” Arachnids and Turbines - powder options - black satin or gloss black?

What color wheels?

• Satin black

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • Gloss black

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Factory grey

Votes: 3 15.8%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Fellas, i need some opinions and pictures of your guys cars to help me decide on my wheels and what color to powder coat them!

P85D - black w grey interior, black calipers, recently did chrome delete and plan to tint the windows in April (yeah, long wait for photosync!)

I have silver arachnids on the car now and I also have a set of silver 21” turbines , square setup.

My plan is to get the turbines powder coated either black (satin or gloss) or grey factory style. I would love to see some other black S with black turbines if anyone has pics to share. I know what the grey looks like on a black S and like it, but if I’m gonna powder them, I need to know if black will go better, especially since I blacked out everything else. Also I May powder the calipers as well but again, if I’m gonna powder why do grey and red like factory.

I figure I will also powder the arachnids after I put the turbines back on and can switch them back when I need a new look, so I would also like to see what satin or gloss black arachnids would look like on black. Following the “show me your arachnids” thread I really like the black chrome @artsci did on his.

Show me those Arachnid wheels / Spiders!

Any opinions are appreciated and pics would be extra appreciated.

CCFA1CD8-0CE8-497E-B85B-8AA13BE0C0E4.jpeg

B1767AA2-7C36-48FE-9ED2-C17794CD965B.jpeg

EBC7C795-BDB2-4DEB-869C-FF5D11942A57.jpeg

Did you car come with the set of arachnids? Also is there any more pictures of your car in the sunlight that you can post on here?

I am debating on going with an all black look or pearl white exterior with black rims...

I originally had 19” cyclones when I bought the car. Knew I wanted to upgrade to 21”, so I bought the arachnids from a TMC forum member.

I like them but also like the look of grey 21” turbines, so I found a set of silver ones and plan to powder them.

IMO - white with silver arachnids looks awesome. If black, I think black or grey wheels look better, reason for me wanting to change mine.

Here’s before and after

0DF54AB8-C9E8-477E-B908-5811324DBF8D.png

Arachnids but no chrome delete
B7329F06-6D6B-4E33-A458-713114E14EC5.jpeg

Chrome delete

53394073-4608-4ECA-9DBF-6DEA7EB976C8.jpeg

Arachnids and chrome delete

7FCF4069-32B7-4F0D-882B-FC436B2A5C04.jpeg

Excellent choice. I too liked the dark grey over the black on my stock silver turbines, and PlastiDipped by rims. Used the Antracite Grey kit (Anthracite Grey Wheel Kit), and took 3-4 hours, on and off. Most of the time spent was prep... sanding the curb rash, washing rims, getting them as clean as possible. Covering the brake rotors and pads was a breeze. Application was simple too. Did about 8-10 coats, and used 3 out of the 4 cans. Total cost: $44.99 (no tax, free ship) from Amazon.

Attached is the after pic. Yeah, I sprayed the lug nuts, but I'm OK with that because I have the grey caps which are not installed, nor in the pic.

front-plastidip-after.jpg

Reactions: MC408
Excellent choice. I too liked the dark grey over the black on my stock silver turbines, and PlastiDipped by rims. Used the Antracite Grey kit (Anthracite Grey Wheel Kit), and took 3-4 hours, on and off. Most of the time spent was prep... sanding the curb rash, washing rims, getting them as clean as possible. Covering the brake rotors and pads was a breeze. Application was simple too. Did about 8-10 coats, and used 3 out of the 4 cans. Total cost: $44.99 (no tax, free ship) from Amazon.

Attached is the after pic. Yeah, I sprayed the lug nuts, but I'm OK with that because I have the grey caps which are not installed, nor in the pic.

View attachment 358617

Nice! And thanks for the suggestion. I have a friend who owns a PC and wheel shop, so I can get a pretty good deal just having him do it, but for $45! You can’t beat that plastidip job. It looks great!

Pics of your full car would be great. I pretty much know what grey turbines look like on a black S, but always worth another look!