Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

21,000 miles on my 3 LR RWD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

timk225

Mar 24, 2016
Pittsburgh
Since getting my 3 on May 8, I've put 21,000 miles on it. I just did my second 1500 mile road trip this past weekend.

So far the car has been doing very well. Unlike my first road trip, using the forces of time and gravity, I've beaten the drivers seat into the proper shape to not cause pain in my butt/thighs. On the first trip, sitting in the seat for an hour was painful, and it'd take a good 20 steps outside the car to be able to walk normally again. This time I didn't notice it at all until after 400 miles in a day.

So far for maintenance, it's been good. All I've had to do so was a new set of rear tires at 16,000 miles, the drivers side signature headlight back in October, and a new frunk release mechanism recently.

I don't have autopilot in the car, but I tried talking Tesla into some free EAP for the weekend trip. They didn't go for it, twice. Even without it though, the car runs very nicely, I spent a lot of my trip running between 80-90 mph on the interstate with all the other cars.

Who has more than 21K on their 3 so far? There's got to be some out there.

Model 3 21k miles.jpg

What is the logic of a ten minute editing time? Change it to 2 or 3 days, mods! Do I have to tell everyone what they are doing wrong ?!?!?!?

My Wh/mi was down to 225 before I had to start using the heater a few months ago in winter time.

What is the logic of a ten minute editing time? Change it to 2 or 3 days, mods! Do I have to tell everyone what they are doing wrong ?!?!?!?

LOL, that is one of the features you get by becoming a paid member of this website at the higher tiers.

I only have 21,600 miles on my 3 after 1 year. Carpooled more last year than I have in the past, otherwise I would be pushing 30K miles right now. I haven't needed tires yet, so been good there. I have been down to my SC 4 or 5 times so far, have some AC odor they haven't been able to solve yet.

Just clicked over 26,000 on our Model3 LR. Picked it up May 4th and it’s been nearly flawless. Only repair was a faulty glove box door. Still on the original tires, but I’ve rotated them twice. KWh is currently in the 257 range, but that’s because of the recent cold weather. Battery degradation is non existent. We charge to 80% every evening, then add the extra 10% in the morning to warm the interior and battery.

We got ours in December. Have about 3000 miles so far. The car has been fantastic. We live in NY, it's been very cold as I'm sure you all know. Our lifetime watthours are around 255. For the temp's and weather lately I'll take it! That's with running the heat anytime we are in the car as we have 2 kids in the back.

By spring/summer that number will drop. According to the stats app we are getting about 120% efficiency.

Reactions: StealthP3D
Wow... I guess I don't drive very much at all? I've had mine since August and I've only put 5,500 miles on mine. Not a single problem yet though. I've loved every day with my baby :)

Lol late August delivery for me. 2,750 miles. That’s what happens when you commute via commuter train. Probably not the most necessary purchase but I am really thrilled with the car.

Lol late August delivery for me. 2,750 miles. That’s what happens when you commute via commuter train. Probably not the most necessary purchase but I am really thrilled with the car.
I take a shuttle to work so my daily driving for work is only 5 total miles. But I've taken quite a bit of road trips in the Model 3. I find an excuse to go somewhere just so I can drive it. :)

Reactions: StealthP3D