Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

21" and 19" wheels on Model S

cjkchang

Jun 9, 2018
New Zealand
I am purchasing an inventory model s 75.
It comes with 21" wheel. I want to go with 19" as I believe it is more practical and less costly to maintain longer term.
I have asked the tesla if they would swap it out to 19", but they said no. They gotta sell it as is.
The cost of purchasing a set of 19" wheels is NZD 10000 mark, which is quite expensive.

What do you think would be the best way to get 19"?
Or is there any place where I could sell 21" wheels?

Thanks

raynewman

Oct 11, 2014
Brisbane, Australia
It comes with 21" wheel. I want to go with 19" as I believe it is more practical and less costly to maintain longer term.
I have asked the tesla if they would swap it out to 19", but they said no. They gotta sell it as is.
The cost of purchasing a set of 19" wheels is NZD 10000 mark, which is quite expensive.

Thanks
You will probably find someone who is prepared to swap.

Rawbznz

Jul 28, 2016
1 AU

Thanks
I would be keen to swap. I have 19's and they are in very (very) good condition

possum22

Nov 16, 2016
Mt. Isa, Qld

Thanks
What about after market rims & tyres and get the TPS's fitted to them?
Tesla Model S X Roadster TPMS Tire Pressure Sensors
Tesla Model S X Roadster TPMS Tire Pressure Sensors 2013-2017 | eBay

Jb66

Jul 4, 2018
Auckland
I have a full set of 19" in Melbourne with near new tyres. Would sell/swap at right price. Sensors not included.
Hi - I would be interested in the 19" wheels. Just changing from 75 to 100 and they would not let me keep the 19" . Either outright buy or swap for the 6900 KM 21's What outright price are you asking ? Thanks Jonathan

Jb66

Jul 4, 2018
Auckland
I have a full set of 19" in Melbourne with near new tyres. Would sell/swap at right price. Sensors not included.
Hi - As else where I would be interested in the 19" wheels. Just changing from 75 to 100 and they would not let me keep the 19" . Either outright buy or swap for the 6900 KM 21's What outright price are you asking. Thanks Jonathan

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC