Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

22 AMD MYP trailer connector for radar dector

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for the info, even if it is running on 15v, i should still get reading on the multimeter tho.
I did some research and yes, the power is basically disabled on the tow connector for the 22 models with no official solution. You will have to find another tap for the power (also assuming 15v).

I did some research and yes, the power is basically disabled on the tow connector for the 22 models with no official solution. You will have to find another tap for the power (also assuming 15v).

Thanks, for the info, need to figure out how to connect the other way.

Thanks, for the info, need to figure out how to connect the other way.
I have 2022 MYLR with tow package. To power my Uniden Radar R7, I ordered the tow pigtail/adapter and connected it to the Direct Hard Wire Cord for Uniden: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B018RBBWWS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1.

To begin, I powered down my tesla (located in the "safety" tab). I removed the driver's footwell cover and partially removed the driver's pillar cover. I stuffed/pushed (no need to disconnect the headliner) the uniden power cord under the headliner and then ran it down the driverside pillar. I connected the adapter's red/hot wire to the uniden's hotwire leaving an adequate tail to access the fuse if/when required. I then connected the adapter's black/ground wire to the uniden's black/ground wire. Once all connected I started my tesla and all worked!

As a 12-volt power source (maybe 15V, nevertheless, it worked), the tow adapter/source is only on while your tesla is powered on - which is what I needed to sustain my radar detector only when driving. When you leave or power down your tesla (located in the "safety" tab), this power source shut off; hence, it is not with constant power.

In all, easy, clean 30 min install to power my radar detector.

I have 2022 MYLR with tow package. To power my Uniden Radar R7, I ordered the tow pigtail/adapter and connected it to the Direct Hard Wire Cord for Uniden: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B018RBBWWS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1.

To begin, I powered down my tesla (located in the "safety" tab). I removed the driver's footwell cover and partially removed the driver's pillar cover. I stuffed/pushed (no need to disconnect the headliner) the uniden power cord under the headliner and then ran it down the driverside pillar. I connected the adapter's red/hot wire to the uniden's hotwire leaving an adequate tail to access the fuse if/when required. I then connected the adapter's black/ground wire to the uniden's black/ground wire. Once all connected I started my tesla and all worked!

As a 12-volt power source (maybe 15V, nevertheless, it worked), the tow adapter/source is only on while your tesla is powered on - which is what I needed to sustain my radar detector only when driving. When you leave or power down your tesla (located in the "safety" tab), this power source shut off; hence, it is not with constant power.

Do you have the Li-Ion battery?

So from what I can tell from your post, you used that spare white-colored port for the trailer brake lights that has 4 pins. Is that correct?

If so, I tested this by stepping on the brakes to “turn on” the car. Multimeter still read 0V. Not sure what’s going on.

I attached a photo for reference.

Attachments

• 053A35A3-A816-4053-B317-767B07D3A2A7.jpeg
    053A35A3-A816-4053-B317-767B07D3A2A7.jpeg
    735.1 KB · Views: 93