Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

$235 TSLA - BUY BUY BUY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We don't sell, we accumulate.

That will only be a good investment if the stock eventually recovers. With the various service issues Tesla is having they may give themselves a black eye they won't recover from for many, many years. While promotions come and go, facelifts are in then out, reputation sticks with a company for a long time. Tesla is past the stage where they can shoot someone in Times Square and get away with it. Tesla will be held accountable for it's gaffs and missteps and the way it treats it's customers.

I know part of my revenge for them not fixing things that are broken is to use Supercharging for every electron that goes into my car. I guess I left out the "free Supercharging"... My bad.

That will only be a good investment if the stock eventually recovers. With the various service issues Tesla is having they may give themselves a black eye they won't recover from for many, many years. While promotions come and go, facelifts are in then out, reputation sticks with a company for a long time. Tesla is past the stage where they can shoot someone in Times Square and get away with it. Tesla will be held accountable for it's gaffs and missteps and the way it treats it's customers.

I know part of my revenge for them not fixing things that are broken is to use Supercharging for every electron that goes into my car. I guess I left out the "free Supercharging"... My bad.

I think always using the Supercharger is bad for battery life, no?

https://www.quora.com/Is-Tesla-supercharging-bad-for-the-battery
Tesla Supercharger Effect on Battery Life: Does it Degrade Battery Life - VehicleSuggest
do superchargers hurt battery life? | Tesla
Continual supercharging and battery life

Reactions: LN1_Casey

Here is my answer to that. The Semi truck Tesla is building will be rapid charged literally every time it is used. No one is going to level 2 charge a semi for a couple of weeks. In addition, if it really were bad for the battery, Tesla would at least give the option of charging slower. Not level 2 charging slower, but half the usual rate perhaps. When I'm on trips I often have to rush a meal to get back out to the car when it is done. Tesla has never provided any means of slowing the charging rate on the Superchargers.

I haven't been able to find it again, but Elon posted a graph on Twitter regarding the extent of charging/discharging. He said the capacity reduction was minimal at 90% or even 100%. The graph shows reduction over many thousands of charges which equates to many decades for most people. I'd be willing to bet all these charges were measured at Supercharger rates. Anyone have that tweet?

• Informative
Reactions: Antares Nebula