Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

245/35/20, 20x9, +25 fronts - too much poke?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What do people mean by too much poke?
Too much poke for me is when the wheels hit the fenders. Haha.
245 width on +25 rims should clear the front fenders. I think the widest anyone has done in the front is 275 +35.
Also why does everyone want a staggered setup? No way to rotate the tires and more understeer :confused:
I think they are doing it for the looks and are short sighted about the negative performance cost.

I call staggered the "all show and no go" look, especially with AWD.

At least the car below didn't go staggered, but is asking for trouble on the street with this setup. I would say this is too much "poke". Also it does wonders for your paint, as the summer tires sandblast road debris on your car paint daily.

17x10 +12 ET wheels wrapped with 275/40 tires on a 2g and running a t28 for autox on an Eagle Talon.
untitled7-jpg-169094-jpg.259643

Last edited:

At least the car below didn't go staggered, but is asking for trouble on the street with this setup. I would say this is too much "poke". Also it does wonders for your paint, as the summer tires sandblast road debris on your car paint daily.

17x10 +12 ET wheels wrapped with 275/40 tires on a 2g and running a t28 for autox on an Eagle Talon.
Ok that doesn’t looks very good. How do those wheels not hit the fenders??? Are they running without springs?
I didn’t consider the “sandblasting” problem. The wheels on a stock Model 3 look very inset to me. I figure it must be good for aerodynamics.

lol, that eagle talon must be running on some stiff suspension and not hit the fenders

9 wide +25 would look like that except sticking out .5 inch, if you lower it, it'll look like MPP's car, their advan is 19X9 +25 up front

i agree, stagger is more for looks, just like those little spoilers on the trunk, but most folks aren't tracking the car anyways.
to achieve filling the rear wheel well to look flush, at minimum, square setup would need some spacers in the rear
just for kicks, googling, some awd comes staggered like m5, 4matic mbz, gtr, panamera...

Thanks 240W. The MPP car is the one I was referencing. Unfortunately, I could only find one decent pic and it's really hard to tell since the photo is not at a favorable angle.

FWIW, I do intend to run a fairly aggressive spacer in the rear to achieve the staggered look but still maintain the ability to rotate. Likely 15-20 mm depending on whether or not I go with +25 or +30; the former means I could get away with a smaller spacer. I think a little poke in the back looks great but not sure about the front.

From the photo it looks like they rolled the fenders to make those monstrosities fit.

Gross.

Here are some more pics of the car at "wheel fitment evaluation" angles. The 9 +25 is pretty aggressive. I'd suggest 9.5 +35 all around.

View attachment 328004 View attachment 328005

Was looking throught he forums for fitment examples... sorry to hijack.

So with this current 19x9 +25 and 19x10 +35
- no rubbing?
- how much of an affecting on range did this have? I plan on running less aggressive rubber... PS4S... so not R compound. I’m hoping it’s more the tire compound that affects range vs size and width.

I do want a more aggressive sporty look without sacrificing too much range... so thoughts on
- Advan RG3’s in 19x9 +25 square?
- Volk Racing TE37 Ultra’s in 19x9.5 square w/ +35 offset? Face 3 so nice and concave too... looks more aggressively good
- Volk Racing TE37 Ultra’s in 19x8.5 square w/ +35 offset? Face 1 so not as concave a face

Was looking throught he forums for fitment examples... sorry to hijack.

So with this current 19x9 +25 and 19x10 +35
- no rubbing?
- how much of an affecting on range did this have? I plan on running less aggressive rubber... PS4S... so not R compound. I’m hoping it’s more the tire compound that affects range vs size and width.

I do want a more aggressive sporty look without sacrificing too much range... so thoughts on
- Advan RG3’s in 19x9 +25 square?
- Volk Racing TE37 Ultra’s in 19x9.5 square w/ +35 offset? Face 3 so nice and concave too... looks more aggressively good
- Volk Racing TE37 Ultra’s in 19x8.5 square w/ +35 offset? Face 1 so not as concave a face
Putting all options out there eh? Lol
Depends on what tires will you likely be running consistently. 245 fits squarely on 8.5, 255 on 9 and 265 on 9.5.
In terms of looks, it’s subjective.. MP has it lowered, stock height with that size and offset will look different. Some people like super flush look, 9 +25 lowered like what they have is that look.
For stock height, 8.5 +35 will look good.
For me, I’d get it lowered with 9.5 +35 and fit 265’s...

Reactions: atlas310
Putting all options out there eh? Lol
Depends on what tires will you likely be running consistently. 245 fits squarely on 8.5, 255 on 9 and 265 on 9.5.
In terms of looks, it’s subjective.. MP has it lowered, stock height with that size and offset will look different. Some people like super flush look, 9 +25 lowered like what they have is that look.
For stock height, 8.5 +35 will look good.
For me, I’d get it lowered with 9.5 +35 and fit 265’s...

Oh it’s going to be lowered... I’ve got Mountain Pass Performance’s full suspension catalogue on order. However since it’s going to be our daily driver and my wife drives it 1 or 2 days of the week I’m just dropping it about an inch. If she weren’t driving it I’d drop it a good 2 inches.

Been following this thread but haven't seen any latest activity/pictures.

Am looking for a square set-up for my soon-to-be-delivered M3P and currently preferring the option of of 245/35/20 . Being based in France the tolerance if a variance of +1.5%/-2% of original diameter.

Side note: 255/35 puts me out of that tolerance range (+1.9%), and 265/30 (largest width I think is reasonable all around for a daily driver) is a smaller diameter (-0.8%), which will then further lower the car (planning on coil overs from MPP)... last option considered was 245/30/21 but tire options are rare (higher prices then) and less practical (everyday use and even track)

Anyone with such a set-up? (245/35/20 ET +35)

Second dilemma is the offset. It would appear from research that ET+35 all around is good, but front can take ET +30.
So the questions are:
1. Would you go for a different offset front and back (knowing that eliminate the front/back rotation)
2. Go for same offset all around and either:
a. Live with the slightly more tucked-in front wheels
b. Add 5mm spacers at the back

Thanks in advance