Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

25 Vehicle fleet - Any California incentives?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I own a business in California and my fleet is growing. It’s a home energy type business, currently own a model x.

I’m wondering if there is a major tax incentive to purchase 25 model 3’s? I know there is a ARB rebate, but looking for something more.

I’m interested in maximizing our large building with solar in an effort to provide a nice charging station. With our current fleet of Prius’s, just our fuel expense is reaching $70k per year.

I just find it hard to pencil out the savings because there is a lack of data on longevity of model 3.

I own a business in California and my fleet is growing. It’s a home energy type business, currently own a model x.

I’m wondering if there is a major tax incentive to purchase 25 model 3’s? I know there is a ARB rebate, but looking for something more.

I’m interested in maximizing our large building with solar in an effort to provide a nice charging station. With our current fleet of Prius’s, just our fuel expense is reaching $70k per year.

I just find it hard to pencil out the savings because there is a lack of data on longevity of model 3.

We have a 2008 Roadster, 2013 Model S, and 2017 Model 3...

Tesla has built cars that have lasted a while for us.

Asking a bunch of people on a car message board is a sure way for you to get the best financial advice for your business. /s

Consult your accountant. That's what you pay him for.

Reactions: jfinephilly
Check the CARB website too. That’s likely where any incentives from the state are managed. For the vehicles themselves, I suspect there’s no EV specific incentives but there still are fleet ones. I recall the X qualified for some ridiculous “heavier than” federal credit but 3 probably doesn’t.

As already pointed out, the utility is your best bet.

Check the CARB website too. That’s likely where any incentives from the state are managed. For the vehicles themselves, I suspect there’s no EV specific incentives but there still are fleet ones. I recall the X qualified for some ridiculous “heavier than” federal credit but 3 probably doesn’t.

As already pointed out, the utility is your best bet.

You are likely referring to the luxury car bonus depreciation rules.

While I'm all for switching to the Model 3, on cost alone with CA electric rates the Prius is tough competition. Both vehicles are are excellent low cost vehicles.

Your large solar install most likely will tip the scales.

Good luck finding additional small business incentives and cost savings.