Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

$250 Referral credit for 3 premium LTE service?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have an email from Tesla saying it can only be used for purchase of a vehicle or accessories. I'm still trying to take advantage of my solar credit from November.
darn i was hoping it would pay for an upgrade of some sort ( AP etc) Oh well.

I am on the fence about renting since we're moving and they reinstated removal fees. I do have an older contract though and i hope i'm grandfathered.

I asked specifically about using it to pay for my monthly "premium connectivity", and here is a paste of their response:

"Congratulations on the activation of your solar system. The referral credit cannot be used to pay a premium. The referral credit can be used at the showroom for the purchase of a Tesla or Tesla accessories. For additional information on the use of your Tesla Referral Credit, do not hesitate to contact Vehicle Support at 877-798-3752."

• Informative
Reactions: SMAlset and vickh
My referral must have been from the previous program (old check-payment program vs. new credit program), I received a check in the mail today.

For timing reference, I placed my solar order in October, and was installed in November, turned on in December.

hmm mine shows a November date in app. Hope I get check too!

I asked specifically about using it to pay for my monthly "premium connectivity", and here is a paste of their response:

"Congratulations on the activation of your solar system. The referral credit cannot be used to pay a premium. The referral credit can be used at the showroom for the purchase of a Tesla or Tesla accessories. For additional information on the use of your Tesla Referral Credit, do not hesitate to contact Vehicle Support at 877-798-3752."

"pay a premium" they might have thought Tesla insurance