Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

250kW supercharger disaapointment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don’t know why this is even a discussion. I hit 252kW on my Model 3 without trying and at not super low SOCs. On my trip to Austin I easily hit 252 at 20ish percent SOC.

Even at higher SOCs I’ll still see 200+kW which is plenty fast charging.

On-route warmup just takes care of all this unless you’re using non-Tesla chargers.

I’ve read someplace that 350 kWh is the next stop for Tesla. Does anyone have any further information about that and what it might mean for the future charging curves with the newer 4680 cells? It would be pretty incredible if we could get from say 10% to 75% in 15 minutes. I measured a sort of normal ICE highway travel stop a few years back and barring tag teaming a stop (one person pumps while the other hits the head, etc.) for a solo driver it was about 12 minutes from pull up, pump (clean windscreen while filing - Tesla we need some better windscreen cleaning options at Superchargers), hit the bathroom, maybe buy a drink, get back in car, check for 1-2 critical emails or current events and then pull away. Obviously when I stop at say Kettleman for 20 minutes, it’s a quick walk to the Starbucks, followed by some additional email scanning and such, to fill the 20 minutes we usually spend there.