Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

265/65 on rear

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
searching the forums about tires, found a lot of discussion but did not find the answer to this....

assuming the mx will NOT be used for towing, can the rear tires be replaced by 265/45 (same as front), keeping the oem 9.5 rims? has anyone done this?

the front has a bit lower load rating but i am guessing if towing not required, that should not be a problem.

searching the forums about tires, found a lot of discussion but did not find the answer to this....

assuming the mx will NOT be used for towing, can the rear tires be replaced by 265/45 (same as front), keeping the oem 9.5 rims? has anyone done this?

the front has a bit lower load rating but i am guessing if towing not required, that should not be a problem.
sorry...the heading has a typo... it should read 265/45. is there a way to edit the subject?

Yes, you can.

I have the 265/45 set up with 9" wide 20" Telsa Slips Streams on all 4 corners as my winter tire set up but no reason you can't run this year round with 265 seasonals. I did this as well to be able to rotate. You don't need the 9.5"s as this was for the rear staggered set up.
As you stated you're not going to tow so the load range in the rear is not an issue.

Also check out these folks for spare wheels. Where I pick up my winter set of rims.

Tesla Model X Wheels Rims Wheel Rim Stock OEM Replacement

Reactions: drg_mx
Yes, you can.

I have the 265/45 set up with 9" wide 20" Telsa Slips Streams on all 4 corners as my winter tire set up but no reason you can't run this year round with 265 seasonals. I did this as well to be able to rotate. You don't need the 9.5"s as this was for the rear staggered set up.
As you stated you're not going to tow so the load range in the rear is not an issue.

Also check out these folks for spare wheels. Where I pick up my winter set of rims.

Tesla Model X Wheels Rims Wheel Rim Stock OEM Replacement
thanks BBG523...for the positive response and the link...both useful