TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

277V New HPWC Installed in Oro Valley, Arizona (North Tucson)

Discussion in 'Charging Standards and Infrastructure' started by CJS2, May 5, 2016.

1. CJS2

CJS2 Member

Just installed a brand new HPWC and getting 80 Amps at 277 Volts (car reads 79 amps) so charging my
    dual charger 2013 85 at 22KW!!!! Yay!!!

PM me to get the combo to the lock if you need to charge in North Tucson. Its in an industrial area just off oracle road.

Jack

IMG_7684.JPG

• Like x 3
    • Helpful x 1
    • Love x 1
  2. rhumbliner

rhumbliner Member

That's a really generous offer. I may look you up on my next trip to Tucson to visit family. Thank you!

Would you be willing to post that on PlugShare?

3. freds

freds Member

Hmmm, why is the voltage at 277 rather than 240? My location is normal 240, though I have seen 250 now and then.

4. GSP

GSP Member

The new HPWC is rated to work at 277 V. This voltage is available at some commercial sites in North America with three phase power [as is 208 V]. The chargers in the car have always been able to operate at 277 V, but before the new HPWC was released, there was no way to supply the higher voltage to the car.

GSP

• Informative x 2
  5. 182RG

182RG Free The Service Manuals From Tyranny