Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2nd row seat won't tilt when easy access engaged (half the time)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

commasign

TeslaAdviceBlog.com
Aug 31, 2013
Davis, CA
Sorry for yet another 2nd row seat thread, but I'll keep this as specific as possible. The 2nd row outboard seat on my X only tilts half the time when easy access is engaged. Typically during the morning it works fine but in the afternoon it doesn't. Sometimes someone sits in the 2nd row, sometimes not (for example today no one sat in the 2nd row all day, yet both videos attached are from today) so I don't think it's the occupancy detector in the 2nd row seat (though that would be a good theory). Anyone have the same issue?

2nd row seat tilting normally (in the morning)

1478ZPmsjUvQkM.gif

2nd row seat not tilting (in the afternoon)

l41Ymt4OVyiLu9t5u.gif

Funny, but I never had this tilt issue until yesterday evening. We had five people in the MX. The one in the third row could not get out on the right side because the second row right seat would not tilt. Could not check it out at that time.This morning, it worked fine. There were no obstructions, etc.?????

Funny, but I never had this tilt issue until yesterday evening. We had five people in the MX. The one in the third row could not get out on the right side because the second row right seat would not tilt. Could not check it out at that time.This morning, it worked fine. There were no obstructions, etc.?????

Correct. No obstructions. It just doesn't tilt half the time.