Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2nd run of camera switch that show a front image on the touch screen

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anybody shared this on (I can't believe I'm going to say it) Facebook? There' a couple Tesla groups that would increase the audience massively. IMHO, it will also invite it a lot of crazies, but just a thought...

I can’t do that — cancelled my Facebook membership (and don’t miss it one bit).. So hopefully someone else can.

Soooo: Whoever is brave enough to post on FB would do what, link back here? Post a summary? What?

Seems like a popcorn generating event... :D
Dear God, no! For the love of everything that is good, don't link back here!! Oh the humanity!! :eek:
Done. Posted in the Facebook Model S Owner's Group with approximately 22k members.
I just came from the Tesla group on Facebook; checking out what they've been up to... I am so regretting ever making the suggestion... Oh Lord, what have I done?! :oops:

So I have repeatedly begun wading thru this thread to try and find details. I get a few pages and some other aspects of life distracts me and it is a few days before I stumble on the thread again.
The parking sensors lose track of curbs way too soon so the camera would be great with them.

Is there a specific post that is up to date, can we link to single posts or the vendor put the post number in his sig? Maybe it is and I don't see it browsing by phone?

I think with a single good post with a few links the last few will sell fast.

I can't get thru the thread with a wife, two small kids, dog, meal on the table outdoor chores etc.

Reactions: KyleDay
Bump!

In order to summarize 20 pages for new readers of this-

For ~$350-400 you can add a front-facing camera that is directly integrated with the 17" MCU in any year Model S/X. It integrates with HomeLink and switches from rear to forward camera when you approach a HomeLink GPS point. Also, it integrates with the Reverse can bus signal so when you put the car in reverse, you see the rear view, when you put in drive, you get the front view.

This does not impact AP/EAP/FSD functionality as the rear camera feed goes to the AP ECU first before going to MCU. As such, AP will always work.

It's a great modification that is simple and requires no programming. As simple as a dash cam install.

Who will be our next 14 reservations so we can get the batch ordered!?! I know there are more DIY guys out there that love these types of projects. Reserving the kit requires a $100 deposit. Please PM @artsci to make a deposit.

Here's a summary of 22 pages.