Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2nd set of Michelins, 80,000kms with plenty remaining

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My second set of tyres are 19 inch Michelin Primacy 3 with at least 3.5mm of tread remaining, don't expect this sort of lifespan with 21s, mostly hard city driving or if you run the air suspension continually on low. The original set of Michelin PS3 lasted 62,000kms, I would put the extra lifespan from set number 2 down to a better tyre rotation schedule but more importantly improved driving habits, there is a general opinion that EVs wear out tyres faster than conventional cars due to extra weight, yes weight is a factor but their are also reasons why an EV increases a tyres lifespan.
If you're looking to get a bit more info on tyres check out this summary,

Tyres: Love them as much as the rest of your vehicle – Tesla Owners Club Western Australia

I have found that i now drive differently to when i fist got the car. I am far smoother and u the power much more wisely. That translates to better tyre wear. Also i do rotate more regularly. Michelins on the 19 primacy 3st are working out really well for me.