Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

3 Years of free Unlimited Supercharging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone received the free SC promotion recently? Where do you see it on your account, and did it show anywhere before actual delivery?
I have a delivery date soon, but it only shows pay as you go charging.

Thanks

Has anyone received the free SC promotion recently? Where do you see it on your account, and did it show anywhere before actual delivery?

Thanks
@SA2USA - can report this showed up on my phone after delivery when looking at the specs of the car as @Tz00 noted in the post upthread.

At delivery I did verify the promotion was applied before accepting the vehicle. Delivery staff were not sure of the answer but did some chatting on the intra-Tesla messenger network and then confirmed that it was.

Suggest you consider asking the delivery staff to verify correct application of the promo to your car prior to accepting delivery and bear in mind they may need a few minutes to verify with [whatever] other department within Tesla the promo is actually there.

Reactions: SA2USA
Thanks all for the information.

I did message Tesla about this, and they replied confirming I qualify for the 3 years of Supercharging which will be included.
Will also make sure at delivery to verify.

IMG_3404.jpeg

Once you take delivery, it’ll show up under specs & warranty in the Tesla app. Specs & warranty will be at the very bottom of the screen under the vehicle you have selected.

You can still get super charging, just need to accept increased price. So depends whats worth more to you $2500 vs. 3 yrs free super charging. Most people would opt for the $2500 lower price.
The 3 years of supercharging was enough to get me into a MX after having just purchased a new ICE SUV 4 months earlier. I looked at this as $400-600/mo savings or $15-20k over the three years. Back in January, we test drove a Model Y for my wife as we were going to secure my 2023 4Runner which was the first time either of us a driven an EV. Long story, short we ended up getting her Model Y about a week later and I was a little jealous. Discovering the 3 yr Supercharging was enough for me to rush down and drive a MX. Three days later, we became a two Tesla household.

Reactions: efudd
The 3 years of supercharging was enough to get me into a MX after having just purchased a new ICE SUV 4 months earlier. I looked at this as $400-600/mo savings or $15-20k over the three years. Back in January, we test drove a Model Y for my wife as we were going to secure my 2023 4Runner which was the first time either of us a driven an EV. Long story, short we ended up getting her Model Y about a week later and I was a little jealous. Discovering the 3 yr Supercharging was enough for me to rush down and drive a MX. Three days later, we became a two Tesla household.
And in my case the existence of the "free" SC made it much easier to discuss an EV with my wife. We intend to spend the next few years traveling and visiting family while kids are still young to maximize family time together. ... so the SC deal makes it easier to budget for travel costs (=0, plus maintenance items) for the next three years at least. We sold 4runner and barring anything unexpected, we pick up MXP 1 week from today.

The cost to charge a model X in California at high rates is around 45 cents for kWh which in a 2023 model X means 1$ for every 7.8 miles.
So....are you planning to do 156K miles in 3 years? because 156K miles will cost you 20K$ in a 2023 model X

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: John in LB
The cost to charge a model X in California at high rates is around 45 cents for kWh which in a 2023 model X means 1$ for every 7.8 miles.
So....are you planning to do 156K miles in 3 years? because 156K miles will cost you 20K$ in a 2023 model X
I was simply comparing what I was paying for gas ($6400 last year) with the cost of charging over 3 yrs ($0). In any case, I'd gladly pay +$2500 more for the car to save even half of your $20k estimate.

Reactions: efudd
Yeah, SA said I would have to accept the new, current price which is almost $4K more than what I locked in for. I locked in at the lowest price when yoke was free and also locked in 3.99% financing when they had that too. I rarely use SC anyways, only when I do long distance maybe a handful times a year so I wouldn't take the new price for 3 yr free SC. This deal could make sense in CA when at peak prices, per kWh is ~50 cents+ though.

Thanks
I ordered my model X a week or so ago. This promotion is what pushed me over the fence to do it now. I’m not a Tesla fan boy and don’t follow all the Tesla news. I didn’t realize that the estimated delivery date is grossly inaccurate, my estimated date was May so I foolishly thought I would get the car in May or maybe the first week of June.

How is it not false advertising to offer a promotion where one of the conditions is completely under control of Tesla, and not the buyer. Who’s to say that Tesla doesn’t run this promotion knowing this and decides to push all deliveries out by a week so they don’t have to honor their own promotion yet generate sales based off of it. I mean I’m not gonna cancel my car because Tesla was a day or a week past their own deadline but that also means Tesla doesn’t have to honor their own promotion.

I was simply comparing what I was paying for gas ($6400 last year) with the cost of charging over 3 yrs ($0). In any case, I'd gladly pay +$2500 more for the car to save even half of your $20k estimate.
$6,400 per year at 20K miles/year and $4.50 per gallon translates to 14MPG. Maybe for a big SUV, or maybe you drive even more than 20K miles per year.

As for the cost of charging, I have unlimited FUSC but 40% of my charging is still at home due to the convenience. I have solar panels and a municipal utility so that is costing me 5.6 cents/mile. If you're with PG&E your home charging will cost a lot more, especially if you don't have solar panels.

I'm with Sonus. You would need very unusual driving circumstances to get $20K of savings in 3 years. I just hit the $10K in savings mark vs. gas, and I'm 1 month short of 4 years with 61K miles on the 2019 Model S. Only $3,700 of that $10K is attributable to the supercharging being free. About $4K of the $10K is attributable to the home charging being 5.6 cents/mile vs. over 20 cents/mile for gas.

The free supercharging is becoming more valuable over time. In 2019 and 2020 paid supercharging was around 28 cents/kWh. Now it averages 44 cents, and in urban areas with time of use rates it can be 58 cents during peak hours in the range of noon to 9PM.

Last edited: