Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

30% off Hansshow Power Frunk

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Copy and pasting from the MY Facebook Group that negotiated a 30% discount + free shipping for the Hansshow power frunk.

Ordering Info (time sensitive):
The Hansshow Tesla Model Y Power Frunk group purchase price is $400 usd (30% discount). Please submit your name and email address using the following form no later than Sunday evening:
https://forms.gle/7SAamj9D8Wzqb5E49
You will be contacted via email with the appropriate discount code. The group opportunity ends on Jan 5th.
The installation video is available at: https://youtu.be/Z7bvgRQPC6k

I also read that the power trunk from Hansshow for model 3 has issues as well. I have no problem with issues as everyone who puts something to market will have some issue HOWEVER when people try to communicate and get no response this kinda turns me away from that vendor and seems to be the case with Hanssshow. My suggestion would be to communicate with the vendor prior to purchase however maybe identify yourself as having issues to see what the response will be. If you say you want to buy, I am pretty sure anyone will be all over you to get your money. Hansshow Model 3 Power Trunk v4 Not Opening or Closing

Reactions: 2101Guy
I've been researching these a ton myself. As much as I want to get a powered frunk, my current plan is to wait a bit longer.

Seen all the reviews by FTG and others comparing the two and does generally seem tesla offer's CS is much better. With that said, folks on the FB group are still lining up to purchase, but my gut is those folks aren't also members of this forum (and seen the reviews of hanssshow)

Seems to be a lot of versions released in a relative short period of time. (Version 4 now?). And several reports of latching issues, closing issues, etc. Im thinking this is one of those mods I might wait a few more revisions to occur so that one of the companies can get a finalized version JUST right.

I also read that the power trunk from Hansshow for model 3 has issues as well. I have no problem with issues as everyone who puts something to market will have some issue HOWEVER when people try to communicate and get no response this kinda turns me away from that vendor and seems to be the case with Hanssshow. My suggestion would be to communicate with the vendor prior to purchase however maybe identify yourself as having issues to see what the response will be. If you say you want to buy, I am pretty sure anyone will be all over you to get your money. Hansshow Model 3 Power Trunk v4 Not Opening or Closing
I can attest that Hansshow customer support was very responsive to me. After laying out the parts on my bench, I realized a strut mounting bracket machine screw was missing and emailed Hansshow on New Year's eve - 4 hours later I received their offer to mail me another one. But, unbeknownst to me, my Mechanical Engineer Brother-in-Law took the screw to my workshop to determine if I had the proper Torx driver - and then forgot it in his poocket and took it home with him. :(

He delayed my 2nd strut install by 2 days, but I happily forgave him bc the power frunk functioned flawlessly right away and I'm very happy with their unobtrusive setup which utilizes the existing Tesla frunk latch and mates with my Y in a very OEM-like way.