Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

360 Cameras?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, black/white/red and color rear is not that big of an issue - just make it all B&W...

The bigger issue is lack of nose coverage on the sides and immediately front of the nose bumper.

This roughly illustrates the blind-spots in black - still a B&W view from mirrors back would be great!

ap2_blindspots-jpg.238093

Reactions: vandacca
If you look at one of the articles showing what the AP2.0 cameras can actually see, I don't think the side cameras have enough visibility downward to be of any use for a top down view.

The top down view and the heads-up display are the two features I miss most from my BMW X6M. I try to back into spots when traffic permits, instead of pulling nose in. The backup camera combined with the auto-tilt mirrors are almost as good as the top down view and it's safer when leaving anyway.

Thanks for this. I guess I’ll just have to get used to using the mirrors again, but I found the surround cameras much better in our Nissan. It would be a shame if Tesla cannot implement this now commonplace feature. I’m going to really miss this and will no doubt end up kerbing a wheel in the process!

Yeah, black/white/red and color rear is not that big of an issue - just make it all B&W...

The bigger issue is lack of nose coverage on the sides and immediately front of the nose bumper.

This roughly illustrates the blind-spots in black - still a B&W view from mirrors back would be great!
That's actually better coverage than I would have expected base on the pictures I've seen. Not great in the front, but being able to tell if I'm centered would be nice.

Reactions: AnxietyRanger
This couldn't come any sooner. I have now bumped my front bumper into an extremely long tow hitch, and yesterday, I scraped the corner plastic trying to reverse park into a really tight spot.

In the meantime, I'm waiting for enough people to sign-up for the front-camera mod so that a new batch can get produced.