Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Third party 360 bird eye camera kit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IDK but here are some thoughts.

I know there is a company that is converting Model Y to a police vehicle. They somehow are able to access the screen for the police proprietary operating system. If you are attempting to seeing a 360 view while using the screen as normal, I would think you could tap in the rear view backup camera display. This is all considering you are mounting an aftermarket camera and viewing the live feed.
Another idea would be to use a screen casting from your phone if you are able to view 360 live view from your phone.

IDK but here are some thoughts.

I know there is a company that is converting Model Y to a police vehicle. They somehow are able to access the screen for the police proprietary operating system.
From memory I believe they tap into the video input connector for the screen and just have a screen switcher to switch between the two. The police computer is only used when stationary, so it taking over the screen is not an issue.
If you are attempting to seeing a 360 view while using the screen as normal, I would think you could tap in the rear view backup camera display. This is all considering you are mounting an aftermarket camera and viewing the live feed.
I would probably not suggest this as it could interfere with AP and if you have the version without USS, it would directly affect Parking Assist.
Another idea would be to use a screen casting from your phone if you are able to view 360 live view from your phone.
This probably is the best bet and it wouldn't interfere with other systems. Easiest however is just to buy a system with a separate screen.

Last edited:
You can get some curb feelers...
feelers.jpg

Easiest however is just to buy a system with a separate screen.
Here's an idea for a second screen.

1689178021933.png