Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

360 degree camera

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know it comes up on the screen when you are driving all of the vehicles around you but there is no 360 degree camera when parking?
When I drove a Nissan leaf which had this I was really impressed as it's basically a bird's eye view of everything which is really handy for sneaky bollards and kerbs etc.
Should be easy to add as a software update as all of the cameras and hardware is already there?

Reactions: fakoriginal
There is no 360º camera, and it's a pretty sad omission for a company at the forefront of vehicle tech.

My 2016 Kia Optima had that feature and I found it incredibly handy.

I don't think it would be trivial to add to the Tesla with a software update as I don't believe the cameras are in the correct location or have the appropriate angles to create the top-down image. :(

There are a few nice features that are just missing from Tesla's feature-set but are increasingly common on other cars. Rear cross-traffic alert is another one that I've found useful on previous vehicles.

Reactions: MrBadger
I know it comes up on the screen when you are driving all of the vehicles around you but there is no 360 degree camera when parking?
When I drove a Nissan leaf which had this I was really impressed as it's basically a bird's eye view of everything which is really handy for sneaky bollards and kerbs etc.
Should be easy to add as a software update as all of the cameras and hardware is already there?

I will miss the auto boot opener (I know it can be added) but I guess you can't have everything as standard!

I wouldn't be surprised if in the future there are some optional paid upgrades such as a 360 camera and other advanced software updates.

I must admit, I know there are a few things I will miss like 360 camera, auto powered boot opener, matrix head lights, a knob to turn up the volume music or down quickly, and track forward and back, Privacy glass is another etc., I keep saying to myself, well never had all those things on older cars, so managed then :(

I must admit, I know there are a few things I will miss like 360 camera, auto powered boot opener, matrix head lights, a knob to turn up the volume music or down quickly, and track forward and back, Privacy glass is another etc., I keep saying to myself, well never had all those things on older cars, so managed then :(
There is a volume roller on the steering wheel.

• Informative
Reactions: Roy W.
There is no 360º camera, and it's a pretty sad omission for a company at the forefront of vehicle tech.

My 2016 Kia Optima had that feature and I found it incredibly handy.

I don't think it would be trivial to add to the Tesla with a software update as I don't believe the cameras are in the correct location or have the appropriate angles to create the top-down image. :(

There are a few nice features that are just missing from Tesla's feature-set but are increasingly common on other cars. Rear cross-traffic alert is another one that I've found useful on previous vehicles.
i think jsut adding the views would be handy, the near side view being the most appropriate.

Looks cool but extra hardware required.
There's plenty of cameras on the model 3 so surprised it's not been developed. Guess they are trying to push people to buy fsd and so this won't be needed then but such a waste not having it I think.
i have auto park on my trail, the top-down view is next to useless really for the bay park it just doesn't give enough accuracy. i prefer to just par myself as im about 10x quicker! i use the 360 for spotting those little bollards and bumpers that get in the way haha. i believe that the distance view on the screen is going to give me better than the 360 did as i can see where im going normally and the distance readout gives me a better than visual for when it becomes blocked. i just hope it can see the curb!