TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

360 visualization

Discussion in 'Model 3: User Interface' started by Abstrakt1, Oct 21, 2018.

1. Abstrakt1

Abstrakt1 Member

is it just me or does it look like all the cars around you are crashing into each other and morphing into other vehicle types? I look at the digital visual and two cars close to each other will appear to run into each other and then turn into a semi. I stop at a light and a bunch of cars run into me and then turn into motorcycles. It is good at seeing something in my blind spot but the visuals seem way glitchy.

2. Unpilot

Unpilot I would rather spend my remaining time Helping

What you see on your screen is a secondary representation of what the Camera's actually see.
    There is a ton of good stuff in this thread Neural Networks that explains why what looks to be wonky vision from your camera's really isn't.

• Like x 1
  3. Abstrakt1

Abstrakt1 Member

Great thread, thanks for linking me. I knew the car saw it differently or I wouldn’t dare use autopilot but it is interesting reading the specifics.

4. forkee

forkee Member

lol i believe that is normal behavior. mine are always dancing. it's especially funny when it catches cross traffic going across. all car icons are vertical on the screen Independent on the actual orientation of the car it is trying to capture.

i imagine the internal computer freaking out and glad it's not on FSD. it's probably wondering what the heck these cars are doing. :confused:

5. diamond.g

diamond.g Active Member

Here’s what Tesla Autopilot can see with the new v9 neural net
    More insight into what the AP computer sees.

• Like x 1
  6. Abstrakt1

Abstrakt1 Member

It is cool to see how far it has come in detecting and identifying everything around it. The only thing I noticed that is a little disappointing is that it doesn't seem to detect stop signs or stop lights at all yet. I was hoping it would at least be identifying them in this version even if it it isn't using that data for any features yet.