Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
... no. I have purchased floor mats from him and recently helped him setup his new website.

I'll reach out to him to ensure he's aware of these issues.
The worse part is that he took our money from his site orders & did not have an OOS disclaimer on there.

Fraud is the word I am looking into.
I know the answer to this - but why aren't the board admins clued into this since he is a sponsor?

3/27 frunk/trunk order still outstanding.

Last edited:
Joe finally reached out via PM and sent out my replacement order. I'm suppose to get them tomorrow.

This has been a terrible experience. I'll never order from Joe again.

FWIW, I had to open a dispute with PayPal to get things moving. I highly recommend you guys do the same if you paid via PayPal. if by CC, file a chargeback.

I also agree with opening a dispute with PayPal to at a minimum get a response from Joe. He's asking for additional time which would put me past my dispute window automatically closing in his favor.... This has been a terrible experience and I'd recommend avoiding using him as a vendor. It's not surprising to me he's avoiding this thread.

If he had put a disclaimer on his website stating the delay or backorder we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Last edited:
Reactions: VQTRVA
I also agree with opening a dispute with PayPal to at a minimum get a response from Joe. He's asking for additional time which would put me past my dispute window automatically closing in his favor.... This has been a terrible experience and I'd recommend avoiding using him as a vendor. It's not surprising to me he's avoiding this thread.

If he had put a disclaimer on his website stating the delay or backorder we wouldn't be having this conversation.

I looked at other sites I've done business with for Tesla accessories & there is are some that do well @ setting expectations & fulfilling obligations. There are others -like joe for cars- that look like amateurs out to take your money.

This site relies on the latter for revenue & I would say they just lost a few points of credibility: stay away from Site Vendors recommendations

--thanks for the tip on PayPal. Will do my dispute today. Seeing other sites say Mid May for Cargo mats to go out. That would be like 2+ weeks past 30 days since order.
21st century & with Amazon - I wonder why I went cheap.

Reactions: Spice
I looked at other sites I've done business with for Tesla accessories & there is are some that do well @ setting expectations & fulfilling obligations. There are others -like joe for cars- that look like amateurs out to take your money.

This site relies on the latter for revenue & I would say they just lost a few points of credibility: stay away from Site Vendors recommendations

--thanks for the tip on PayPal. Will do my dispute today. Seeing other sites say Mid May for Cargo mats to go out. That would be like 2+ weeks past 30 days since order.
21st century & with Amazon - I wonder why I went cheap.

@VQTRVA I would say even the mid-may estimate posted elsewhere might be optimistic. When I checked with them this morning they said no ETA in the next 45 days for the rear cargo mat. It is hard from a vendor stand point, you can look back at my previous posts with regards to these mats and the ridiculous pre-orders from last fall/winter. The demand is insane, the supply is constrained and there isn't always enough to go around for every vendor when they place an order. If you see someone with them in stock I would jump on it otherwise it'll most likely be June before we see more.

@VQTRVA I would say even the mid-may estimate posted elsewhere might be optimistic. When I checked with them this morning they said no ETA in the next 45 days for the rear cargo mat. It is hard from a vendor stand point, you can look back at my previous posts with regards to these mats and the ridiculous pre-orders from last fall/winter. The demand is insane, the supply is constrained and there isn't always enough to go around for every vendor when they place an order. If you see someone with them in stock I would jump on it otherwise it'll most likely be June before we see more.
Thank you EV Tuning. That's more pertinent info than i've gotten from my vendor.
My annoyance is the lack of communication, false advertising & lack of expectation setting.
Makes the vendors community look as much noobs as the flaky car company LOL!

Reactions: Spice and EVTuning
Thank you EV Tuning. That's more pertinent info than i've gotten from my vendor.
My annoyance is the lack of communication, false advertising & lack of expectation setting.
Makes the vendors community look as much noobs as the flaky car company LOL!
I totally understand what you mean. I've been in the automotive aftermarket for about 15 years now. A lot of the vendors in the EV Accessory space weren't in the aftermarket industry before Tesla came around. So both vendors/manufacturers and Tesla appear to be going through a number of growing pains trying to get things sorted out. None of us are perfect but today communication is just as important as having product in stock. I think that Tesla suffers from this a lot where if people had consistent communication they'd be a lot more understanding and patient.

I'd like to also warn people who plans to make a purchase from Joe.

I placed an order on the cargo mat on 03/25, and they still haven't shipped it yet. They sent you an email saying that they tried to ship it but the mat was too big for the USPS truck, and promised to ship it in the next two days. It has been two weeks and nothing is shipped.

The worse part is that they didn't respond to your inquiry at all. No explanation.

I will put a dispute via paypal. I would not recommend Joe car stuff to anyone.

I don't know where these emails have been going that I've missed them. I apologize for the troubles. 3D cargo liners have been out of stock everywhere but they promised me they would arrive next week at 3D. The back order has been out of my control. If anyone has had trouble emailing me without a response please send me a PM with your email address so I can get my IT issue sorted out. I will also give a partial refund to anyone that emailed multiple times without response.

All orders with cargo liners will be shipped out next week directly from 3D, so you won't have to wait for them to get shipped to our business. I do have floor mats in stock which ship out immediately.

UPDATED SHIPMENT INFO FROM 3D

3D has updated me with the information for my order of 1,000 rear mats I placed 2 months ago. The cargo container containing my order has arrived at port today and is awaiting clearance from customs. This keeps my shipping ETA during next week assuming no trouble in customs. Supplies are limited, all back orders will be shipped next week direct from 3D. (package pickup time will be out of my control, you will get the tracking number the day I generate your shipping label, and 3D will pack the orders in the order your orders were recieved.)