Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor 3D Maxpider 10% off When ordering Frunk and Trunk w/ Interior mats!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok the first batch has landed with Maxpider and they're in the process of sending them over to us for final distribution. I would expect another 6-9 days for us to receive them and start distributing. Going forward from there it should be every 2-3 weeks that we'll have another batch to send out. It's very hard to nail down specific dates due to the insane demand on these and the number of additional vendors coming online to carry them. We are going to work round the clock to make sure everyone gets their mats as soon as they arrive on our loading dock.

Hi EV,

I ordered these on Amazon before finding this thread. I see the link with the $25 GC is still active.

A couple questions:

Edit: I see all my questions were answered on your website, my order is in (#2892) and I cancelled my Amazon order. Feel much better about supporting a vendor, plus the GC is a nice bonus, thanks!

Also FYI - no issues with overcharging that I see paying by CC# on your website. $205.09 with tax (+ free shipping, sweet!).

Edit 2: Sorry, I do have a QQ!

Will 3DM be offering matching trunk/frunk mats in the near future? Trying to decide if I should hold out if so, or just get the Tesla/WeatherTeks. Would prefer a matching set though if possible.

They are going to be offering the Frunk mat and I'm working on getting them to also carry a Trunk and lower storage mat but that might be a little ways off. Also trying to get them to make the emblems in flat black instead of chrome

Does that mean us second batch folks are looking at mid-October?
As of right now I don't want to speculate too much on dates. It's been a nightmare trying to get information from the vendor past the fact that our first batch arrived. BUT if all holds true this is how it should be. All the vendors are in the same boat with this insane demand and very limited supply.

They are going to be offering the Frunk mat and I'm working on getting them to also carry a Trunk and lower storage mat but that might be a little ways off. Also trying to get them to make the emblems in flat black instead of chrome

Great news! If they do offer different emblems (both as a choice w/new mats or sold separately) anodized AL to match vehicle color might also be a popular item. But I'd take black over chrome at a minimum. They seem like they are easy enough to remove(replace) with needle-nose pliers.

MAXpider is offering a frunk mat: 2018 Tesla Model 3 - Frunk MAXpider Cargo Mat [Covers Frunk, Black] MAX229833 But no trunk mat, AFAIK.

It's $13 more expensive than the one from Tesla. Frankly, I like the looks of the Tesla mat better, anyway. So I ordered both trunk and frunk mats from Tesla, even though I'm doing the MAXpider mats in the cabin.

Hmm, I agree - the Tesla mat does look better and seems like it possibly has better coverage as well. Decisions, decisions...

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: larryj
Ok the first batch has landed with Maxpider and they're in the process of sending them over to us for final distribution. I would expect another 6-9 days for us to receive them and start distributing. Going forward from there it should be every 2-3 weeks that we'll have another batch to send out. It's very hard to nail down specific dates due to the insane demand on these and the number of additional vendors coming online to carry them. We are going to work round the clock to make sure everyone gets their mats as soon as they arrive on our loading dock.

9 days is roughly tomorrow. On track or no update from supplier?

I have a feeling this guy feels like he went from running an accessory company to being a floor mat supplier this last month : /

The orders will clear out. Isn’t everyone backordered?
Very true, floor mats are hands down most popular item we sell. Backorders are going to start clearing out and should be getting a steady flow to get out to everyone going forward.

Just wanted to say congratulations! My son was two weeks early, when we were expecting him to be late. Total chaos. I completely understand.

Yea good times! Thankfully I have a healthy kid and my wife is doing well. Now I can circle back to handling this stuff more promptly. We have presold 500 sets of mats. The inventory counter ran to 0 without me noticing so some people may not have been able to order mats. I have placed a new order for 200 more sets. Everyone that has purchased thus far has gotten two emails. One regarding our first shipment arriving this coming Wednesday and working hard to get them shipped out within 24 hours. The second email has order dates and batch #'s so people can properly assess where they are in the queue and set expectations. We hired more shipping staff to deal with this onslaught of floor mats. Thank you for being patient and hopefully we can flood this thread with install pictures and happy customers once they start shipping.

• Love
Reactions: TechSavvyWife
Yea good times! Thankfully I have a healthy kid and my wife is doing well. Now I can circle back to handling this stuff more promptly. We have presold 500 sets of mats. The inventory counter ran to 0 without me noticing so some people may not have been able to order mats. I have placed a new order for 200 more sets. Everyone that has purchased thus far has gotten two emails. One regarding our first shipment arriving this coming Wednesday and working hard to get them shipped out within 24 hours. The second email has order dates and batch #'s so people can properly assess where they are in the queue and set expectations. We hired more shipping staff to deal with this onslaught of floor mats. Thank you for being patient and hopefully we can flood this thread with install pictures and happy customers once they start shipping.

What if we didn't receive the second email? I got one last Friday about the incoming batch, but nothing about my order date / batch number (ordered 9/6).

Reactions: TechSavvyWife