Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

3M Crystalline Side Windows with Non-Crystalline Rear

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since the rear glass already has an infrared-blocking coating, has anyone used a non-IR film on the back to save some cost and make installation easier? I definitely want crystalline on the sides, but I'm not sure it's necessary on the back if I can match the looks with a less expensive product.

Our most popular tint install is our Crystalline Hybrid Tint Package on the Model 3. We use 3M Crystalline on the sides, and 3M Color Stable on the windshield and rear window. Same kind of performance as a "regular" car with Crystalline all the way around, at a lower price point, even with that very large rear window.

• Informative
Reactions: Blue in NC
Our most popular tint install is our Crystalline Hybrid Tint Package on the Model 3. We use 3M Crystalline on the sides, and 3M Color Stable on the windshield and rear window. Same kind of performance as a "regular" car with Crystalline all the way around, at a lower price point, even with that very large rear window.

How much? I'm driving down to SD and might schedule with you when I'm down there. The prices are ridiculous in some places. One place wanted my first born child to tint the windows.

How much? I'm driving down to SD and might schedule with you when I'm down there. The prices are ridiculous in some places. One place wanted my first born child to tint the windows.

The Model 3 Crystalline Hybrid Tint Package is 1250 including windshield, where as a normal car full Crystalline is $1250, the Model 3 with that crazy rear window that requires a custom roll, adding to it's cost no matter what film you install.

Last edited:

Thanks for the response! I ended up going with Crystalline all around because I felt like the color of Color Stable was just a bit too different for my taste and the price difference wasn't that much more.

Mine was $650 for Crystalline 70 on the sides and back (no seam) and Crystalline 90 on the windshield at San Luis Customs in San Luis Obispo, CA.

Thanks for the response! I ended up going with Crystalline all around because I felt like the color of Color Stable was just a bit too different for my taste and the price difference wasn't that much more.

Mine was $650 for Crystalline 70 on the sides and back (no seam) and Crystalline 90 on the windshield at San Luis Customs in San Luis Obispo, CA.

Wow that's a great price.. I got quotes here in so cal for full crystalline is about 800 and 300 for front windshield. But they said they can't do the full back

Did u get the fill back with crystalline from trunk to roof?

same price I paid for Model S, which has a little larger window area to cover.