Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor 3m Crystalline Window Tint

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Asking this way is a good start for recommendations in your area. Then go and visit the shop and take a look around. Ask to see a sample of Crystalline film. It will have the removable "3M" logo on the film (see photo) this will be removed after the installation on your Tesla. If they show you film that doesn't have the logo, it's not Crystalline film. Just FYI.

3M logo on film 2.jpg
3M logo on film.jpg

My installer put it on the windshield and there might have been some "ghosts" on the windshield but hardly noticeable unless you just went looking for them. After the typical curing time, it's perfect. Can't even tell the tint is there. The Tesla MS windshield is not curved any more than any other car. I have had about 5-6 vehicles tinted over the years with Crystalline by two different installers in the Atlanta area. I have NEVER had a problem and never had a need for them to "redo" or take my cars back for any reason.
I live in Canto, GA (have 2018 Model 3)....Where did you get your car tinted?

just to put a newer post here, I have a June 2019 model 3 and a new Jan 2020 Model S.....I had the M3 tinted with 3M Crystalline 70% on windshield, 50% drivers and passengers window, 40% top and back windows.....it looks great.....

My model S has the exact same tinting and does not exhibit any of the “purple” colors....it is very much a duplicate ope my M3.

I did them at different shops......both 3M certified and both did a super job.....Since a lot of these post were 18 to a couple years, I think the 3M product has undergone some changes to film that eliminated the so-called "purple effect” and the Tesla window glass has probably changed also....point being, currently I have this product and am extremely pleased....the 70% on the windshield is almost clear and my installer has given me a ticket warranty in writing that allows me to have them take it off and re-install for every ticket I get at no charge....

The heat is the first thing you notice that is reduced.....I almost used Xpel Ultimate Plus.....a very good film but is much more expensive than 3M.....also have C-Quartz Finest for ceramic coating......good combination and cars look great