Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

4/18 Invites

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Exactly. Tesla needs to communicate better with their buyers. Doesn't make sense that they say one thing and do another thing.
I'm scared of being screwed because of me being out of the country next month. :mad:.

Tesla stated in the letter that they got an unexpectedly large number of people configuring from the 4/18 invite hence some getting pushed back.

The agreement we all signed when we configured clearly stated the 3-6 weeks was only an estimate. Go ask the Model X crowd about this and see how much sympathy you get!

There is a big F###ing difference between knowingly misleading people (lying) and having to make an unexpected change based on new information/conditions!

The simplest explanation:
(and probably the most likely)

-they shifted production to Canada as the increasing production paired with the high number of configs would have meant hitting 200k U.S. in June which would be a disaster later in the year, both for Tesla and about 60k fellow U.S. reservation holders

-the more transport logistics involved, the harder/more expensive to make changes thus those closest to the factory (us) bear the delay

-if it ever became common knowledge that they deliberately gamed the system, I have no doubt the current party in power would happily punish them for it. Keep in mind they can CHANGE A LAW TO APPLY RETROACTIVELY. Besides, doesn't Tesla get enough negative press already? There is absolutely no damn way it wouldn't get out, either.

-Use some basic discernment. Read between the lines. If we knew they would do this a year ago most would have cheered it. It just really, really sucks to be one of those who gets delayed and has little explanation for it. If they go gonzo with Bay Area orders that first week or two of July we'll know exactly what happened, but only ever by inference.

On a personal note, your marriage/honeymoon is endlessly more valuable than a car, even if it is a Tesla Model 3! ;) Focus on that, and the worst thing that happens is you get the car once you get back not before you leave, which I'm sure isn't what you anticipated. I was able to stay pretty patient until I hit that 6 week mark, now it's getting a lot harder. I'm approaching it by being honest with myself if April 1, 2016 somebody had asked me, "Would you be ok with a 5 week delay if it meant extending the tax credit for another quarter?" YMMV

Good luck! (To all of us.)

I echo shrspeedblade's sentiments. npatel1189 - you will get your car and yes it sucks how we have had to wait so long but your upcoming nuptials and honeymoon will be of much greater value to you. From personal experience, I was dreading the wedding and so looking forward to the honeymoon but both were fantastic. You will be so happy and blown away by the events of the wedding day and subsequent honeymoon and all of this worry over the Model 3 will melt away. Focus on that and let the delivery happen when it does - you will love it all in the long term. :):):)

I echo shrspeedblade's sentiments. npatel1189 - you will get your car and yes it sucks how we have had to wait so long but your upcoming nuptials and honeymoon will be of much greater value to you. From personal experience, I was dreading the wedding and so looking forward to the honeymoon but both were fantastic. You will be so happy and blown away by the events of the wedding day and subsequent honeymoon and all of this worry over the Model 3 will melt away. Focus on that and let the delivery happen when it does - you will love it all in the long term. :):):)
Thanks for the kind words my man!

shrspeedblade how many 4/18 do you think got invited / configuration?

10k? 15k? 20k? 30k?

Mind that Tesla planned 10 days to shutdown. With best forecast at 5k cars each week they should want 22k configurations. But at 8 weeks now they should get 32k cars made.

Where is the discrepancy in your thoughts?

Does Tesla got 14k more cars then Bloomberg thinks?
Does Tesla got 5k cars with no VIN registered?
Does Tesla exceed expected orders on 4/18 by 10k?
Does Tesla store 5k not selling to Canada?

Or you tell me the # cars Tesla made since 4/18 so we play again!

shrspeedblade how many 4/18 do you think got invited / configuration?

10k? 15k? 20k? 30k?

Mind that Tesla planned 10 days to shutdown. With best forecast at 5k cars each week they should want 22k configurations. But at 8 weeks now they should get 32k cars made.

Where is the discrepancy in your thoughts?

Does Tesla got 14k more cars then Bloomberg thinks?
Does Tesla got 5k cars with no VIN registered?
Does Tesla exceed expected orders on 4/18 by 10k?
Does Tesla store 5k not selling to Canada?

Or you tell me the # cars Tesla made since 4/18 so we play again!

Asking specific questions no one outside a high level Tesla exec. would know doesn't really help your case, you're just trying to cast doubt on my guess as to the most reasonable explanation as to what is happening based on what we do know and can infer. It's a common tactic of internet trolls.

I invite anyone reading this to review, as I have, every post bgbolton has made since joining two months ago. They have been consistently negative and consistently sewing anger and doubt. While we may be uncertain as to some things happening at Tesla internally, after review of your posts on this forum your presence and agenda here are much more easily discerned.

Reactions: SoCalDude
Hey Folks,

NorCal order here. Delivery appointment is coming in just under 72 hours. Based on my personal experiences, the worst part of the experience is the wait between configuration and being contacted by your ISA. After you get the ISA contact, you're about 1-2 weeks away from your delivery.

It's a bummer that they nerfed the shopping cart VIN trick, at least it was a way for us to get an update about 72 hours before Tesla officially gives one.

Just remember, we've all collectively waited over 2 years for these cars, the delays suck, but everyone will have their cars before we know it.

Reactions: SoCalDude
Asking specific questions no one outside a high level Tesla exec. would know doesn't really help your case, you're just trying to cast doubt on my guess as to the most reasonable explanation as to what is happening based on what we do know and can infer.

You suggest it is most reasonable that Tesla is building many cars then not selling them to Canada but hiding them where a fan or wall street does not find them so they can reveal all in july??? This is more reasonable then to say they still got trouble making cars??? o_O

I wonder if all the cars got stored in hillarys pizza basement :D

You suggest it is most reasonable that Tesla is building many cars then not selling them to Canada but hiding them where a fan or wall street does not find them so they can reveal all in july??? This is more reasonable then to say they still got trouble making cars??? o_O

I wonder if all the cars got stored in hillarys pizza basement :D
You’re hilarious!
Enjoy your car. I’ll sure enjoy mine!

Finally got my delivery date for 6/27. Hopefully no issues!

Where are you located and what is your configuration?

My cousin who configurer after me with t
So Cal Non-Owner, 3/31 on-line invite during presentation event
Invite 4/18
Config 5/24 Red Aero LR PUP
No June/July delay email
No other email, No VIN, No delivery date
Just Crickets
But still very excited!

I feel ya buddy.

I feel like publicly they should be heavily criticized for customer relations.