Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

4/18 Invites

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I configured on May 6 and assumed I would get a July delivery so they could prioritize deliveries for Canada and (hopefully) defer triggering the tax credit phase out by a quarter so more people get the benefit of that. Nice to get the email today confirming July delivery so I can plan accordingly.

Called Tesla and they said I could reconfigure to the dual motor but wouldn't get it for 9 months. Ugh. I'm guessing no tax credit by then.

Wow 9 months?? I’d been second guessing my decision to go ahead with RWD since the AWD is (maybe) ready to configure. I thought maybe it’d add 3-6 months if I asked to change, but 9?! Yikes. Guess it was a good choice to configure so I get full tax credit & just find a set of winter tires.

Reactions: shrspeedblade
I interpret this whole email boondoggle as:

June Email: “Congrats, you made the pre-200k cut! We’ll get you you’re car ASAP, which at this point is probably June, but maybe earlier.”

July Email: “Welp, sorry, but you’re going to have to wait for us to get 200k out after July 1st.”

This is what it sounds like to me too. Here’s hoping!

I’m a 4/18 invite and config. I tried the VIN trick and there is one there!!! 213XX

Ordered 3/31/16
Invite and config on 4/18
MSM 18” Aero & EAP
Got June letter yesterday
Got call from ISA out of Downer’s Grove IL at 11a today (Monty)
He pushed my acct to next step so I could complete Tesla Finance application
...and he said first available delivery date is Monday 6/18 in Minneapolis MN (Would lock after financing approved)
Financing approved in approx 2 hours
Expect call with him tomorrow to lock on delivery date
HPWC trick shows 217XX

Reactions: shrspeedblade