Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

4/18 Invites

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I configured on May 6 and assumed I would get a July delivery so they could prioritize deliveries for Canada and (hopefully) defer triggering the tax credit phase out by a quarter so more people get the benefit of that. Nice to get the email today confirming July delivery so I can plan accordingly.

Called Tesla and they said I could reconfigure to the dual motor but wouldn't get it for 9 months. Ugh. I'm guessing no tax credit by then.

Wow 9 months?? I’d been second guessing my decision to go ahead with RWD since the AWD is (maybe) ready to configure. I thought maybe it’d add 3-6 months if I asked to change, but 9?! Yikes. Guess it was a good choice to configure so I get full tax credit & just find a set of winter tires.

Reactions: shrspeedblade
I interpret this whole email boondoggle as:

June Email: “Congrats, you made the pre-200k cut! We’ll get you you’re car ASAP, which at this point is probably June, but maybe earlier.”

July Email: “Welp, sorry, but you’re going to have to wait for us to get 200k out after July 1st.”

This is what it sounds like to me too. Here’s hoping!

I’m a 4/18 invite and config. I tried the VIN trick and there is one there!!! 213XX

This is what it sounds like to me too. Here’s hoping!

I’m a 4/18 invite and config. I tried the VIN trick and there is one there!!! 213XX
What’s the vin trick!?

Edit: I found it in the previous page.
I have a vin too, 213XX also. Is it fake? Everyone’s is 213xx hahah

Last edited:
Ordered 3/31/16
Invite and config on 4/18
MSM 18” Aero & EAP
Got June letter yesterday
Got call from ISA out of Downer’s Grove IL at 11a today (Monty)
He pushed my acct to next step so I could complete Tesla Finance application
...and he said first available delivery date is Monday 6/18 in Minneapolis MN (Would lock after financing approved)
Financing approved in approx 2 hours
Expect call with him tomorrow to lock on delivery date
HPWC trick shows 217XX

Reactions: shrspeedblade
Just got an email from my ISA with my VIN and asking me to complete the paperwork for my loan. They also mentioned Home Delivery was now available even though I only live about 20 miles from the Delivery center. Anyone doing their delivery this way?