Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

4/18 Invites

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just wanted to report in on my dates.

4/18 invite
4/19 first config
5/20 delivery delay email
5/29 last config edit
6/18 ISA contact with vin 34XXX (I assume the last 5 digits of the VIN are what people are reporting)
7/11 earliest delivery date (which is the worst timing but they said if I requested my delivery a WEEK later, that it may delay my delivery for 3+ weeks so I just took it)

EDIT: I ordered red, aero wheels, and without EAP, if that helps/matters to anyone.

~Paik

Last edited:
If we don't get a VIN today, I don't think we'll get one tomorrow either.

Config. 5/1 - Seeing people who configured way later and getting VINs already is giving me hard FOMO.
I totally agree....FOMO for sure! i configured April 22 and it sucks seeing so many people who just configured already with Vin's and delivery dates and i feel like we're in LIMBO! Or as another person called it...the BLACK HOLE

I think Elon already knows about bgbolton as he started complaining the first week of May about his delivery. I think they just put him in purgatory for now.

Billionaire bullying little people?? Not very original :rolleyes:

Elon got a simple way to solve people like me. Do not tell me 3-6 weeks when it will be +10 :rolleyes:

If they tell I would wait for 10 weeks I say f**** that then order after time is less. Then I never got on these forums. For now?? Weeks with zero mail? Resolving newer orders first? From my chair it feels like a scam.

Last edited:
Reactions: Teslie
Billionaire bullying little people?? Not very original :rolleyes:

Elon got a simple way to solve people like me. Do not tell me 3-6 weeks when it will be +10 :rolleyes:

If they tell I would wait for 10 weeks I say f**** that then order after time is less. Then I never got on these forums. For now?? Weeks with zero mail? Resolving newer orders first? From my chair it feels like a scam.

He's spending his birthday today working at the factory to get the order up. I think he's pretty dedicated.

I pick my car up in 10 days and I still don't have a VIN in my Tesla account. My ISA said that it will show up 7 days prior to delivery. Time flies. Good luck!

So here's my story so far...

Basics are in my .sig. Called the 888 number on Tuesday (two days ago) asking if it would be possible to change my order to AWD and how that would impact my delivery schedule. This was due to all of the recent chatter about orders being opened up and AWD and Performance getting priority. My RWD order that I submitted on 6/17 had a 3-6 week delivery timeframe. After getting no return call I went down to the local showroom to see if they had any information. The advisor said she didn't know any more than I did and to keep calling the 888 number. During my drive back to work I got a voicemail on my phone and a follow-up email that said my car was almost ready and to confirm all of my order details so she could submit the paperwork and schedule the delivery, possibly sometime next week. My delivery profile page still does not have a VIN assigned, nor does it have any indication of when it might be delivered. I understand that some people are reporting that their page has an estimated availability. Needless to say that means that I will not be able to change my order to AWD but I'm happy that my 3 will be here soon!

Reactions: t3slatx
I didn't get VIN until I submitted paperwork.

And my local delivery center is delivering 130+ every day for past few days now. Orientation is 5-10 minutes long. They paired my card keys and phone and that's about it beyond going over any problems with the car. Oh, had me set the mirrors, wheel, and seat too.

On the plus side, the car is nicer than I remembered.