Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

4/18 Invites

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got the call today, still waiting on VIN and delivery date. Tesla asked me if I would be interested in home delivery (I said yes). I wonder if that helps them with delivery bottleneck at Fremont.

M3 LR RWD PUP blue Aero EAP (asked for FSD upgrade also when I got the call)
Reserved 3/31/2016 online
Non owner
Invited 4/18
Configured 6/15
Call 6/29
Pay with cash
Trade-in

Just got the call today, still waiting on VIN and delivery date. Tesla asked me if I would be interested in home delivery (I said yes). I wonder if that helps them with delivery bottleneck at Fremont.

Non owner
Invited 4/18
Configured 6/15
Call 6/29
Pay with cash
Trade-in

Just don't take mine when I park next to you in the parking lot.
It will be the one without FSD.

Tesla asked me if I would be interested in home delivery (I said yes). I wonder if that helps them with delivery bottleneck at Fremont.
Hmmmm... strange. I'm almost exactly in your position (but no trade in) and my ISA never asked me if I wanted home delivery. Picking up my car next Tuesday at Fremont. My wife actually mentioned this to me this morning before I left; "What? No home delivery?" Never really considered this as an option.

Hmmmm... strange. I'm almost exactly in your position (but no trade in) and my ISA never asked me if I wanted home delivery. Picking up my car next Tuesday at Fremont. My wife actually mentioned this to me this morning before I left; "What? No home delivery?" Never really considered this as an option.

I actually want to pick it up at the store for the full "Experience". haha. Sounds silly but I think I would be more excited picking it up at Tesla, rather than waiting on my porch for the truck to come.

Reactions: shrspeedblade
Congrats on your impending delivery!

Possibly they just started opening the flood gate for California deliveries after June ends for the 200k tax incentive threshold. I suspect that Tesla could be running out of space at Fremont delivery center, and are looking for home delivery to increase capacity. This was just my 1st call, so have not received VIN or have a delivery date yet.

Congrats on your impending delivery!
Thanks! I only see home delivery increasing their capacity if they have somebody other than a sales advisor bringing the car to you on a car transporter or flatbed tow truck. If they do have a SA with the delivery then they are racking up unproductive time going to and from your house. In either event, like @calvinvle says, it eliminates that part of the "experience".

End of the working day approaches. Now that june mail is a lie then Tesla never bothered to tell me so :rolleyes:

Spare me the dumb some one got VIN quick!!!! Who cares. Tesla obviously got some how a problem to deliver a car to fremont in 10 wks :rolleyes:

Now I wonder what prize I win when I got entire quarter waiting. Some how I guess it will not be that M3 I paid for :D

• Funny
Reactions: MissyMcBee
config'ed 6/11
got call from agent today..
I made a mistake and did not update the location, hence defaulted to fremont, CA. I told the agent I an in VA. so he cancelled my VIN, now he said am back on the waiting list.. grrr
I have tried calling multiple time, no luck to change the location int he past. went to local tesla store ..
am back to square one..
ordered simple
black aero EAP, to get delivery soon....

config'ed 6/11
got call from agent today..
I made a mistake and did not update the location, hence defaulted to fremont, CA. I told the agent I an in VA. so he cancelled my VIN, now he said am back on the waiting list.. grrr
I have tried calling multiple time, no luck to change the location int he past. went to local tesla store ..
am back to square one..
ordered simple
black aero EAP, to get delivery soon....
That sucks!

Where in the initial order do you select pick up location? I don't remember doing that. Is there a way to check what was selected?

End of the working day approaches. Now that june mail is a lie then Tesla never bothered to tell me so :rolleyes:

Spare me the dumb some one got VIN quick!!!! Who cares. Tesla obviously got some how a problem to deliver a car to fremont in 10 wks :rolleyes:

Now I wonder what prize I win when I got entire quarter waiting. Some how I guess it will not be that M3 I paid for :D

@bgbolton Alright man, new work day. Lets continue the hoping and praying game.

Non owner
Invited 4/18
Configured 6/15
Call 6/29
Pay with cash
Trade-in

Oh damn, I was invited end of March and configured mid-May, Bay Area also, likely get the call soon based on that, I hope. Same spec except red. Glad to see I'm not the only one who sat on the fence for a bit about pulling the trigger :)

Oh damn, I was invited end of March and configured mid-May, Bay Area also, likely get the call soon based on that, I hope. Same spec except red. Glad to see I'm not the only one who sat on the fence for a bit about pulling the trigger :)
Good luck!

I got my initial call last Friday, finalized the trade-in details on Sat, got another call today, and scheduled home delivery this Thur 7/5!! I can't believe how fast it's moving. I asked if I could add the FSD before delivery but ISA said they would have to rematch to a different VIN and could take a couple of more weeks. I didn't want to wait, so I will eat the $1000 to add it later.

• Love
Reactions: shrspeedblade

@bgbolton What is your configuration?