Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

4 days old and something rolling around underneath me

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Awd non p was delivered Friday. This afternoon, out of nowhere, there’s something underneath my floorboard rolling around side to side - sounds like a marble knocking against the walls. Anyone have this issue? Obviously taking it to service but next appt is a month away and I’m about to go on a road trip.

Also, what’s up with the crackling sound from the heater.

Really didn’t expect to have to deal with service so soon.

I have heard the crinkling sound from HVAC also. Also just picked my car up last week (11/8). Only have heard the crinkling sound when the blower fan starts, it then seems to go away. I don't think I heard it at all yesterday and I had the heat on quite a bit for my kids in the back. It's weird though and I also am concerned.

Good luck with the marble rolling around though. Mine, also a AWD doesn't have that.

Where exactly are the vents under the seats? Just want to be mindful going forward if something fell in, though I’d be surprised if that’s the cause.

As for the heater, when it’s engaged around level 6, there’s noticeable crackling/static coming out from the vent. I think I’ve seen others mention this, but never heard the cause of the problem or what the fix is.

Really curious to know what’s moving around below me lol.

Not sure about access, but if there's a vent running beneath the seat to supply the rear cabin (usually open, unguarded), you may be able to duct tape a short length of hose to the crevice tool of your vacuum cleaner, run the hose into the open air duct, switch it on and vacuum up the offending object.
That worked for me, BTW: it was a fossilized Cheerio from a school project with a dab of glue from a glue gun on it. Every turn sent it rolling around inside the duct. It sounded like a giant marble and drove me nuts until I silenced it.
Robin

For those interested, it was a literal marble. Somehow got under the floorboard courtesy of the kids. Tech said difficult to pinpoint from where but likely underneath driver or passenger seat.

Of course the heater sound did not replicate itself, but he mentioned it could be a cold to hot expansion related matter.

For those interested, it was a literal marble. Somehow got under the floorboard courtesy of the kids. Tech said difficult to pinpoint from where but likely underneath driver or passenger seat.

Of course the heater sound did not replicate itself, but he mentioned it could be a cold to hot expansion related matter.

What a boring life we would lead without children. :lol: Sometimes I stop and remind myself this when confronted with head scratching moments presented by them.

What a boring life we would lead without children. :lol: Sometimes I stop and remind myself this when confronted with head scratching moments presented by them.
My child was stretching in the back seat of our S the first week we had it. She dropped a restaurant mint that was in her hand into the space between the sunroof glass and the liner. Haven’t managed to get that one out..