Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

4 Pin to 4 Pin wiring help?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Untitled.png
Hi everyone, I can't match up these wires for a trailer that I have. I found the wire connection for the X in the trailer hitch box, I can't find any wiring diagram to make these work together, please help.

Tesla end: 4 pin: black, red, blue, and white

trailer is standard 4 pin: brown, white, green and yellow

There is no reason to do what you're trying to do. Just get one of these. Easy peasey.

Amazon.com: Anytime Tools 7 Way Round to 4 Way Pin Flat Blade Trailer Light Adapter Plug Connector RV Boat: Automotive

I think the piece at the bottom of the picture is actually the trailer brakes adaptor. I could be wrong though.

Disclaimer -- This is assuming you have the full trailer tow package and your trailer is already wired and all your trying to do is plug your trailer into the car so your trailer lights work. That is what I think you are asking about.

• Helpful
Reactions: scottf200
There is no reason to do what you're trying to do. Just get one of these. Easy peasey.

Amazon.com: Anytime Tools 7 Way Round to 4 Way Pin Flat Blade Trailer Light Adapter Plug Connector RV Boat: Automotive

I think the piece at the bottom of the picture is actually the trailer brakes adaptor. I could be wrong though.

Disclaimer -- This is assuming you have the full trailer tow package and your trailer is already wired and all your trying to do is plug your trailer into the car so your trailer lights work. That is what I think you are asking about.
Ditto to that. My Yukon has the same 7-pin receptacle as the X's. I have trailers that have either the 7-pin plug or the 4-pin plug, they're both standard for trailers. I use a similar adapter to be able to connect either plug into my Yukon 7-pin receptacle.