Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

40.8 just installed with before and after photos

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Before (slider set to 76%) I immediately unplugged it when I noticed it was plugged it. But had started charging before or during the update.
iih3bCR.png

After 40.8
9KqwG1O.png

Not bad, a 7-mile increase. I assume that will carry through a 100% charge. My LR AWD Y has 1780 miles and has never been charged to 100%.

Yup... Me too... I heard about this so I waited till the car charging was completed- took a screen shot, started the update- took a screen shot during the update, and then a screen shot right after the update. Nothing else changed and boom... a few more miles of range, just like magic...

rangeincrease.jpg

I updated my MYP from 40.3 to 40.8 last evening. Unlike others, mine is showing a 1 mile decrease in range (!) which is disappointing to say the least. The MYP was delivered in early July and it is a 25XXX VIN with 3,300 miles on it. Am I doing something wrong here?

IMG_1975.png IMG_1979.png

I updated my MYP from 40.3 to 40.8 last evening. Unlike others, mine is showing a 1 mile decrease in range (!) which is disappointing to say the least. The MYP was delivered in early July and it is a 25XXX VIN with 3,300 miles on it. Am I doing something wrong here?

I don't know- you're screen doesn't look like mine... I am IOS and there is no mileage number on the green in mine. I will point out that even though you're pictures shows 1 less mile your green bar went higher...

BUT I just noticed you said MYP- I'm just MY-Long Range... I'm attaching the notes for the release so I'm thinking maybe its not available for performance MY.
2020-10-22_11-45-47.jpg

View attachment 601290 View attachment 601291

I think you could only have seen that if you had pushed the slider all the way to the right. Mine went up from 316 but now it varies from maybe 322 to 326. I got the changed going from 40.4 to 40.7. 40.8 hasn't done anything but the increase is in its release notes too.

Confirmed that those screenshots above come from sliding the charging limit all the way to the right. Is there a better way to check for max range?

As for the MY LR vs MYP, see the screenshot below as it references improve efficiency.

I've heard others mention recalibrating the battery by bringing it from <20% to >90%. I understand that that doesn't really change the actual range and just the display, but maybe I'll give that a shot as it would be nice to see the updated range. Otherwise I'll just switch back to the percentage display and not worry about it.

IMG_1980.jpeg

Yes, you're right. I should have noticed that. I'd say no increase, but I wouldn't say a decrease. As I said above mine varies. Don't know if it is the app or the car reporting slightly different numbers. Right now mine is 324.