TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

41 kWh Renault Zoe

Discussion in 'Electric Vehicles' started by dpeilow, Sep 27, 2016.

1. dpeilow

dpeilow Moderator

• Informative x 1
  2. BluestarE3

BluestarE3 Active Member

Haven't been following the Zoe closely since it's not available in the US, but do you still have to rent the battery or can you buy it outright now?

3. dpeilow

dpeilow Moderator

Both options are available. It's shown in the table in that article.

There's a rumour that Nissan are about to launch a rebranded version in other markets as well.

4. BluestarE3

BluestarE3 Active Member

Any chance this might get rebadged and sold as the long-rumored Nissan Leaf 2? The Zoe looks much better than its cousin the Leaf.

5. S'toon

S'toon Knows where his towel is

Note, NEDC. As per the article even Renault admits real world range is significantly less.

I wonder why Europe keeps to a standard that's dramatically off. If I were a consumer I'd be pissed.

6. dpeilow

dpeilow Moderator

It's a segment smaller than the Leaf, so any rebadge would be another model for sure. Still, the fact they can fit 41 kWh in it bodes well for the next Leaf.

Yeah NEDC is nonsense and is known to be for over a decade. EVs are really highlighting this now and forcing the issue for change. I noted Opel are not using it for the Ampera-e.