Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

5-seat option will delay your Model X until mid-year

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They seem to be pretty pushy about trying to get me upgraded to 6 or 7 seater (3 emails and a phone call).
I wish they would have been as responsive a few months ago where they would not even reply to my email.

I am staying with 5 seater mostly because I am not in a hurry as I have just traded my 2014 GLS450 into a 2017 and felt like
I got a good deal for trade in (and lots of room for cargo).

I really want an SUV and hoping the 5-seater X will have room. Might consider the 6 seater if I am desperate enough in early 2017.

If Tesla would allow to switch to S model I might do it but I think I would loose my 5k deposit?
Tesla will gladly switch you to a Model-S and transfer your 5k deposit. In fact, up until recently, they were trying to switch Model-X reservations holders to a Model-S.

If delivery does happen in January 2017 instead of late 2016 as advertised on website, in terms of $7500 Federal tax credit are we able to still get tax credit as part of 2016 taxes (filed in 2017)? Or we have to wait until filing 2017 taxes (filed in 2018) to be eligible for $7500 rebate?

If delivery does happen in January 2017 instead of late 2016 as advertised on website, in terms of $7500 Federal tax credit are we able to still get tax credit as part of 2016 taxes (filed in 2017)? Or we have to wait until filing 2017 taxes (filed in 2018) to be eligible for $7500 rebate?

It is based on delivery date. Delivered in 2017 means your rebate would be on your 2017 taxes. Of course if you know that you are going to get it you can adjust your exemptions so that the money isn't withheld from your paycheck. (i.e. You don't even loan the Feds your money, so you don't have to get it back.)

I got a call from TM informing me that my X 5-seater order is being pushed out to early 2017 delivery date. I am fairly upset as during the entirety of my order process, nobody informed me that production did not start for this config. I was told Late September delivery over and over when I pinged them.

I am realistically looking at cancelling my order, or switching to S. Has anyone had luck or know if Tesla will return my deposit full in the event of order cancellation?