Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

$500 Rebate for Powerwalls until October 31

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yep. Put my order in. It was weird because I had an existing PW order that was constantly in a "Waiting to be available in your location" or something like that. I had to set up a whole new order and cancel the old one. Anywho. Powerwall #3 hopefully coming soon!

Reactions: Vines
Wasn't just sent to installers. Got this yesterday afternoon.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230616_134412_Email.jpg
    Screenshot_20230616_134412_Email.jpg
    154.3 KB · Views: 134
Reactions: Vines and hobapolis
So if you buy direct from Tesla you get the rebate, but for third party installers the rebate is to them only?

Yeah if Tesla has a typical reseller agreement if Tesla offers the incentive direct to a customer, then the incentive should be made available to the reseller as well. And it'd be up to the discretion of the reseller to manage how the rebate is messaged.

My system hasn't been installed yet. I just received notice of permits and installation first week in October. Regarding powerwall rebates, it states they have to be installed, registered and connected to the internet before Oct 31 2023. From what I hear, it could take months before approval or activation of my system after installation. In other words, it won't be connected by Oct 31? Can I connect Powerwalls to internet and register them even though my system hasn't been approved or passed inspection? They really cut it close. Should have been installed by July. Just wanna make sure I get the rebates. Thanks people. I've even thought of trying to deduct one powerwall, but I doubt they would do that now.

My system hasn't been installed yet. I just received notice of permits and installation first week in October. Regarding powerwall rebates, it states they have to be installed, registered and connected to the internet before Oct 31 2023. From what I hear, it could take months before approval or activation of my system after installation. In other words, it won't be connected by Oct 31? Can I connect Powerwalls to internet and register them even though my system hasn't been approved or passed inspection? They really cut it close. Should have been installed by July. Just wanna make sure I get the rebates. Thanks people. I've even thought of trying to deduct one powerwall, but I doubt they would do that now.
Generally the Powerwalls are registered, installed and connected to the internet before PTO (permission to operate). They just are configured not to export to the grid until then. It may be worth double-checking with your installers that they are going to do this.

Reactions: twowheels
Just got my Tesla Solar + PW installed yesterday and when I follow the Rebate steps on their page, it quickly ends when you realize that there's no "Rebate" section under the "Support" in your app. Time to figure this out and when I do, I will share the process to actually process your rebate request. Wish me luck.