Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

50a twist lock to Tesla corded mobile connector

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Look in to this: 50A Locking Shore Power (SS2-50 / CS6365) Adapter for Tesla Model S/X/3 Gen 2 – EVSE Adapters

if not that exact one, look through that site, they’ll likely have it.
It's not that, because he said he has a Corded Mobile Connector, not a Gen2 UMC. The Corded Mobile Connector just has a 14-50 plug fixed on the end of it, so he just needs something to convert this to a 14-50 outlet. That's the right site that would have it, though.

I've been looking at that picture, and I can't quite identify what that is. It's crazy to me, but there are three types of plugs that all look almost identical to that, but I can't figure out which it is.

So the adapter you want would be one of these three. Can you find any numbers marked on the plug that would identify it?

50A Locking (CS8265 / CS8264 / CS8269) to NEMA 14-50R EV Adapter – EVSE Adapters

50A Locking (CS8365 / CS8364) to NEMA 14-50R EV Adapter – EVSE Adapters

50A Locking Shore Power (SS2-50 / CS6365) to NEMA 14-50R RV/EV Adapter – EVSE Adapters

I didn't realize there was a company making alternative adapters for the Gen 2 mobile connector. That's very interesting as I expect to be spending time at marinas in the next couple years.

@evoalex , is the spike in the middle of that plug spring loaded? I don't remember there being a hole on the associated plug for it but I've never seen one with the spike before.

You guys are so helpful.

Here are a few more photos of that twist lock connector: Dropbox - 8th st tesla charger - Simplify your life

To answer the previous question, the spike thing in the middle is not spring loaded. I feel like if it was one of these: 50A Locking (CS8265 / CS8264 / CS8269) to NEMA 14-50R EV Adapter – EVSE Adapters it would be perfect. Just not sure if it is.

I think this is the right one. 50A Locking (CS8365 / CS8364) to NEMA 14-50R EV Adapter – EVSE Adapters

The pictures you posted look like a CS8364, and is clearly marked 3 phase. CS8264 is single phase.