Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

50MPH Warning Icon

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I looked in the manual and couldnt find out what the icon meant. I was driving on the freeway this afternoon (around noon time with 74 degrees outside), and around 45-55 MPH i saw on the screen a weird icon that was yellow and had a 50MPH icon on it. It looked like one of those warning icon. Happened a couple times today when I was driving but I wasn't able to take a picture of it. Does anyone know what it is? Also some additional info: SOC 65%, V.44.4

I have seen a symbol like this last week. The one I see occurs when you enable "Relative" vs "Absolute" in the + X miles over speed limit option.
When you have change to "Relative" vs "Absolute" speed over the posted speed limit, I believe what shows on the display is the little yellow circle with an arrow on it.
It caught me as odd, too... as I had not driven with Relative speed set before.
Naturally, I change it back.
I agree with thecloud: safety feature.

I looked in the manual and couldnt find out what the icon meant. I was driving on the freeway this afternoon (around noon time with 74 degrees outside), and around 45-55 MPH i saw on the screen a weird icon that was yellow and had a 50MPH icon on it. It looked like one of those warning icon. Happened a couple times today when I was driving but I wasn't able to take a picture of it. Does anyone know what it is? Also some additional info: SOC 65%, V.44.4