Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can't say I'm totally disappointed on the navigation front for 2 reasons. Tesla is working on it and have said that it will be delivered in the first quarter of this year. Given that they have fulfilled their promises with the vehicle many times, I'm prepared to give them a chance to do this.

Secondly, I have my doubts that it will be able to search a building name and take me there, if it does that's good, but I'm not holding my breath.

Tesla is working on it and have said that it will be delivered in the first quarter of this year. Given that they have fulfilled their promises with the vehicle many times, I'm prepared to give them a chance to do this.

Except that they originally promised end of 2014, not 2015Q1. Remember that deliveries here started almost six months ago.

I am disappointed with the shifting timeframes. Not because we don't have it yet, but more because it says a lot about the emphasis of the company. The delay is not a regulatory issue. It is not a technical issue. It is purely an issue of allocating the resources necessary to get the job done. We're talking maps here, not rocket science.

P.S. By comparison, tomorrow's SpaceX job of launching a satellite to the LaGrange point between here and the sun, while simultaneously trying to recover and land the first stage rocket on a floating platform, while simultaneously undocking the Dragon capsule from the international space station and guiding it back to a splash landing in the ocean, is a little bit more tricky. That is rocket science.

I have no doubt that the issue is getting a good, reliable, cooperative map supplier with a quality product in English and Chinese. This is not easy, ive used some in HK that are good at one and not the other, for example. I'm sure we will see it soon.

I was called yesterday by a Tesla service center rep. Overseas at the moment so I think they tried to contact me (in vain) for a while.

Anyway, although the original point was my filling out the customer satisfaction sheet and not giving them a "10" for taking half a day to change a sim card, I told him of some genuine concerns.

I asked why isn't there any coms from Tesla Motors Hong Kong to the owners? How hard is it to make a monthly newsletter (which one can opt out of), to inform about what is going on? What has been accomplished, what is just about to? What are current issues being dealt with and so on.

The more secrecy Tesla Motors want to uphold, the more we are going to be guessing. And I told him an example of navigation: Initially promised end of 2014, Now Q1 of 2015. That is all we know. But why is it delayed? I don't recall any public info from TM regarding this. It is obvious that Navigon is being used in Tesla Model S, and I found out myself in a rented German Model S - as I use Navigon myself and the on board navigation was exactly the same as the Navigon for Europe I have on my iPad. Navigon isn't available for Hong Kong and Japan, so ... it seems obvious Tesla Motors is working on finding another provider in those regions.

But why make us guess about it, rather than tell us?

I also "complained" that it seems you can get an (different) answer about something, as many answers as there are employees of TM HK. I would rather that they would say "Sorry, I am not allowed to disclose that information" rather than filling us up with silly stories and fairy tales, blaming TD, customs and everyone else for some delay or other issue.

I wonder if this is just box ticking (asking the survey) or if they actually act upon it.

Tesla Motors HK, I know you are reading here. If you see this - please get your act together. Make a newsletter, don't underestimate how much it means that your very customers feel they can trust what you say.

Anyway, although the original point was my filling out the customer satisfaction sheet and not giving them a "10" for taking half a day to change a sim card, I told him of some genuine concerns.

Same experience for me, if you want to talk to someone give them "7" or anything lower in the survey. I hope it's not someone who is sitting in front of a computer everyday enabling us to vent, fill out some web forms, tick a few check-boxes in their CRM software and forget about genuine/sincere suggestions that we have given.

Has anyone had instances of the mainscreen spontaneously rebooting while driving? I have had this 3 times so far... Also, I'm getting odd collision warnings...very low speed in traffic with more than a car length distance between vehicles etc.

I have had those reboots once or twice during my 2 month ownership so far.
After updated to 6.1 recently, haven't seen one yet.

As for collision warning, suggest to set it to "Late" in Hong Kong cars - or turn it off completely if you think it's annoying.